Announcing: EcwidPro, the next generation of the Axyn Ecwid Stacks

Hello Fellow Weavers,

First of all Happy New Year to everyone. It has been a challenging last couple of years to say the least, learning to navigate through Covid-19! But, after almost two years since the launch of the original Axyn Ecwid Stacks, I’m very excited to announce it’s successor, EcwidPro!

EcwidPro is the next generation of the Axyn Ecwid Stacks. It was developed from the ground up with a leaner and cleaner code, for faster page loads, easy of use, modular design and edit mode previews.

EcwidPro does not tie you down to a single project, template or framework. It integrates any of your projects directly with any Ecwid account, all for the price of a single project! Use the tools that you already have and love working with.

EcwidPro is packed with new features! It allows you to customize Ecwid to fit your website design in ways which are not available anywhere else, nowhere! You can control the fonts, buttons, colors, headings, text… the look and feel of most of the Ecwid elements. You can also hide elements, That includes elements in the Category, Product and Product Details pages, Search, Shopping Cart, “Buy Now” Products and much more…

What’s new:

• New 34 stacks (vs 8 in previous version), 26 new stacks!
  • New Enter your store ID once in the new Base Stack.
  • New Order Fields Stack. ‘Form’ fields can now be dynamically added to the checkout process.
  • New two (2) pop-up" modal stacks (Product Modal & Modal) you can dynamically engage potential customers visiting your online store, and promote sales/products depending where they navigate in your online store.
  • New Icon Menu Stack lets you create graphical Ecwid navigation menus, that can replace the footer menu or the categories menu.
  • New modular Customizer, re-organized in order to pack even more options, while being leaner and easier to use.
  • New Search Plus Stack. You can now search within a single or a set of categories, and add more than one search boxes in a page.
  • New Categories Menu Stack, take control of you Ecwid menu.
  • New Product Plus Stack, more ways to display and/or style your product
  • New Edit mode previews wherever possible.
  • New ability to hide Ecwid elements.
  • New code optimizations for faster page loads.
  • New Font Stack (now part of the Customizer), and now supports variable fonts.
  • New, Six (6) sample projects with landing pages and two additional pages for each of the main RW frameworks (UIkit3, Foundry, Foundation6, Source, Platform and a standard RW template).
  • And much more…

EcwidPro brings the power of Ecwid into Rapidweaver, giving you everything you need to sell online:

• Create and manage products easily.
  • Organize your products into categories.
  • Sell physical or digital products as well as subscriptions.
  • Accept payments from over 200 countries.
  • Manage stock availability and shipments worldwide.
  • Manage your sales through the Ecwid Dashboard or the Ecwid App in your mobile device.
  • From one Ecwid account you can sell on your Website, Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Google and TikTok
  • Grow your business with automated marketing campaigns.
  • Offer promotional pricing, discount coupons, volume discounts, and more to help generate more sales.
  • You can run multiple stores in a single website
  • Give you the tools to run a membership site, where certain categories of products are completely hidden from the general public.

EcwidPro has built-in backward compatibility with the original Axyn Ecwid Stacks and it’s users too!!

• Projects developed with the Axyn Ecwid Stacks (v1) will continue to work as before, just need the new Base Stack added to the project.
  • And to thank all the users of the Axyn Ecwid Stacks, they will receive a discount towards purchase EcwidPro. The discount is equal to the original price of the Axyn Ecwid Stacks. Just re-download the Axyn Ecwid Stacks (v1) DMG file from your Paddle account (https://my.paddle.com), open it and read the document named “update-coupon.rtd” for more details.

For more information, demos and to buy it, visit the EcwidPro product page here.

8 Likes

Hi everyone,

Now that EcwidPro is officially released, and due to the modular design of the Customizer, I plan to release additional functionality periodically via add-on child stacks (or modules, for F6 users, it’s a similar concept to adding new ‘swatches’).

I already have a couple of new Customizer modules already in the works.

If you have a feature request, please let me know.

Cheers,

Ricardo

2 Likes

Just released the first update to EcwidPro, adding two (2) new Customizer module stacks:

Hide Ecwid Classes, although hiding classes is already built-in to Style Ecwid Classes, I though this would be a more straightforward solution. Hidding is still part of the Style Ecwid Classes.

Hide Checkout Payment, you can now disable the final step of the checkout process. Handy while testing the site.

Also made some small UI changes/improvements in some Customizer stacks.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

Absolutely loving V2 so far!

As far as requests go:

I’d like to see the ability to craft a much more unique category menu, crucially with the ability to only display it on the storefront and have it hidden on a product page and the checkout page.

The other one which is slightly unique to my business is to display all my product images at their native size/have dynamic aspect ratios. The new ‘Fit’ feature somewhat resolves this, but an option to use a solid white or no background at all rather than a colour picked from the images palette would be a lifesaver.

2 Likes

Hi @guypuggers123,

Glad to hear that you are loving EcwidPro!!

Great suggestions thanks, I already did the prototype for controlling the background color of images as per your suggestion, it will be included in the 2.0.2 release shortly.

I will work also on your suggestion to hide things depending on the page.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

That’s music to my ears!

I thought I was going to be resizing over 700 product images in photoshop :/

The one other thing thats just occurred to me, is having stacks included for customer logins, favourites and order tracking etc. which would enable the ability to have these sections of your Ecwid site accessed from any page of your RW site in the header or footer would be a game changer.

Thank you for all the work you’ve put in on this excellent set of stacks, and your commitment to growing them around the communities suggestions and needs.

Glad that you won’t have edit so many photos 😉 , version 2.0.2 is ready, with the image background overflow color options already added, for both category tiles and products.

I’ve also added some new Category title color options for the main store tiles.

I’ll do some more testing today and release it soon.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

You accomplish that with 2 stacks: The new Icon Menu and Base Stacks. In the Base Stack, point to the page which has the Store Stack. That should work.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Hello everyone,

I just pushed EcwidPro v2.1.0 out a few minutes ago. I brings some bug fixes, some improvements and several new stacks for added functionality. Notably, the new Visibility Stack, which allow you to show/hide stacks or other elements depending on which Ecwid page (within the store) is being viewed.

Here is the change log:

v2.1.0 (20 Jan 2022)

• New! Visibility Stack to dynamically hide/show content in Ecwid pages.
  • New! customizer utility stack: Align Price/Buy Button in grid view.
  • New! Google fonts to Customizer Font Stack.
  • New! Option to preview Google fonts in edit mode
  • New! added more web safe font options to several stacks
  • New! added CSS text transform option to stacks with font options
  • New! added ‘Product Options’ styling in Singe Product Style Module, Product+,Product Modal
  • New! added Prod. Image overflow background control
  • New! added Title background and overlay colors in Cat. tiles.
  • Improved Icon Menu layout consistency with new width setting.
  • Fix ‘Qty’ area styling in Singe Product Style Module, Product+,Product Modal
  • Fix border not showing in “Continue shopping” Stack
  • Fix background color override in Product Modal
  • Fix shadow in Product+
  • Fix display bug in Style HTML Elements stack.
  • Improve the customizer ‘Button Style’ stack, fix align, removed height, added vertical padding.

I’d like to thank @guypuggers123 for the suggestion to add an option to control the background of images that Ecwid throws behind every image in both the storefront and categories pages. Now you have full control of the background, plus additional options… once I started I just couldn’t help myself.

Please check the details of the new features on the EcwidPro product page.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Cheers,

Ricardo

5 Likes

Hello @Ricardo

I’ve just been messing around with the new update and I cannot seem to get my product images backgrounds to change to white or transparent so they display in their native size with no peculiar automatic container fill colours. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Hi @guypuggers123 ,

Found the issue, will have an update later today.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

Hi @guypuggers123,

I just uploaded a patched version 2.1.0 dated today. Please update and let me know, if you are still having issues.
I was able to reproduce the issue and it looks fixed now.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Hi @Ricardo

Many thanks for your updates this week, all seems to be working now.
I’ll continue to develop my site and report back any bugs/suggestions I may encounter along the way.

All the best
Guy

1 Like

I’m currently developing a site for a client, using a EcwidPro for the shop:

Ricardos stellar support helped me a lot to achieve the look and functionality I needed. :-)

3 Likes

A YouTube video tutorial could be helpful - and perhaps, also introduce EcwidPro to a wider audience.

Loving EcwidPro here.

1 Like

Hi @Ricardo

I’ve just encountered an issue whilst setting the store path. when I click on any Ecwid stack that is not in the page containing the store stack, rather than redirecting the page continually refreshes. I have attached a video to illustrate the issue.

All the best

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Hi @guypuggers123,

I have not been able to reproduce the issue here.
Could you PM me your project (or sample) with the issue so that I can quickly track it down?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Hi @Ricardo

I can only produce this issue on the live site, it does not occur in preview.
I will send you an email with my project file so you can have a look.

All the best

Hi @guypuggers123,

I got the project, I’ll take a look later today and get back to you.

Quick question, what hosting company do you use?

Many Thanks @Ricardo

I have a VPS server with Fasthosts running centOS and i’ m running Plesk on the server as my web hosting management tool.

All the best