Announcing: EcwidPro, the next generation of the Axyn Ecwid Stacks

Hi @PC-ASSIST,

Yup, @Ricardo (Axyn) is still developing EcwidPro.

The stacks in that product allow you to integrate and style your Ecwid store way beyond what Ecwid themselves allow. Think styles, fonts and element sizes but also leaving stuff out that you don’t need (or don’t want to bother your visitors with).

It also “splits” the Ecwid store into seperate components that you can spread all over your page (as opposed to one “box” that contains everything like the official Ecwid plugin or the official Ecwid snippets create).

As for adding blog posts: if you mean right inside the listing, then you’re limited to what Ecwid allows, and that’s basically a hyperlink to your blog post and nothing fancy.

But you can combine EcwidPro stacks and other stacks on a single page if that’s what you mean. So you can integrate Ecwid elements (through EcwidPro) into blog pages (assuming they’re built using Stacks and not standard RW blog pages).

Cheers,
Erwin

2 Likes

Thanks @Erwin-Leerentveld, for explaining some of the features and benefits of EcwidPro to @PC-ASSIST.
In fact, there is a small update to EcwidPro coming out soon, adding more features and controls over you Ecwid Store. I will be adding minimum order amounts, some features that allow you to hide some products and special shipping from some types of customers groups. With this new additions you can use the same store for retail and wholesale.

One thing that I would like to clarify to @PC-ASSIST is that EcwidPro is NOT a plug-in. It also does not require nor should you install the Ecwid Plug-in.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Ricardo

2 Likes

@Erwin-Leerentveld @Ricardo

Thank you both for chiming in. I am quite a bit hung on the TotalCMS setup, I wanted to have a blog type post on the front page with links leading to the sales area for that pen that I videoed so a client can see how it opens and works and my video review and then click the link to purchase it.

I do wish that some of Joe’s TotalCMS videos were more along the lines of: do this first, second, third…but Joe, as brilliant as he is, loses me in the side stuff. I start with one video and realize I need to figure out foundation as well.

The last item I purchased cost $130 for the framework, which was refunded, but I still spent another 140 on plugins.

I will take the chance on this in a few…