Armadillo CSS help, please :-)

I’m having a play with Armadillo, not used it for a long time, so fired up a test blog: http://dev.ci-clientservices.com/arma/

I’ve got an old list of css to style things, but a lot doesn’t seem to work anymore, maybe Arma got an update and the classes changed.

I’m working thru, but I’m totally stuff on a few things. The css i have is below, and some works.

.armadilloMenuItem {
background-color: #464646;
border: 0px solid #464646;
width: 90%;
text-align: left;
font-size: 20px;
}

#armadilloContentMenu ul li a {
display: block;
margin: 0.3em;
padding: 0 0.5em;
line-height: 2em;
text-decoration: none;
border-radius: 0px;
width: 200px;
}

#armadilloContentMenu ul li a:hover {
background-color: #cccccc;
color: #464646;
}

.blog-permalink {
color: #0375B4;
}

.blog-entry-date {
margin-bottom: 20px;
}

.blog-entry-title{
font-size: 2em; color: #0375B4;
}

.blog-entry {
border-bottom-style: solid;
border-bottom-width: 0px;
border-color: #C0C0C0;
border-radius: 5px;
margin-bottom: 34px;
background-color: #EBEBEB;
padding: 20px;
}

.blog-entry-body {
margin-bottom: 34px;
}

.blog-entry-tags {
margin-top: 20px;
margin-bottom: 40px;
}

.blog-tag-cloud li {
display: inline-block;
margin-bottom: 1opx;
margin-top: 15px;
margin-right: 5px;

}

.armadilloPageContainer {
margin-top: 40px; margin-bottom: 80px;
}

#blog-categories {
margin-bottom: 34px !important;
}

#blog-archives {
font-style: italic;
margin-bottom: 34px
}

What I’m trying to do at the moment is put some space between the categories (blog-categories) and the blog archive but nothing is working. Used !important tec. Nothing seems to be taking.

Help!

:-)

If I understand what you want what you have listed above, should work (without !important).

I added this in web tools and it worked fine

#blog-categories {
margin-bottom:40px;
}

I can see the CSS you added above in a file called
http://dev.ci-clientservices.com/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/css/armadilloStyles.css?v=65
Didn’t look at why it’s not being applied.

1 Like

Thanks Teefers. Ya, that css is being supplied via the css custom box within Armadillo, but as you say, it isn’t being applied. But… Adding it to the RW css box worked.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ya, adding the css via the Aramdillo css setting doesn’t seem to work, adding it to the RW css option, does. Thanks Teefers…

Marking this as solved for future searches.

I didn’t have time to look right now, but I don’t think Armadillo has had a change in a while.

No, been a long time since it’s had an update, but in general it still works fine. This is the first time I’ve had this issue.

1 Like

I agree it’s a great product, been no real need for updates as it works great.

when I have more time, just for curiosity sake I’ll try to have a look as to why the online CSS isn’t being applied.

@Teefers Have you ever looked at a way to add a “back” link to posts?

And…

How to hide the Doc link in the very bottom panel? Tried loads of things, none working.

Thanks.

Mathew @mitchellm has a video he did a while back on Armadillo out on Vimeo. It’s a bit long as he never edited it. But it is packed with a bunch of useful tips. If I remember(been a while since I watched), he had a really creative way to do the back button.

Steve, Not sure I understand what Doc link you’re asking about?

@steveb I don’t remember the details of that video as I’m now using either Poster or Alloy for blog pages. I know it’s hard scrubbing through things on the web. But you can download the video (I made it downloadable) and that should make it a tad easier to find relevant information. The video really does start with first steps (for someone who was having a particularly hard time setting up Armadillo): so my guess is the relevant info for you is probably in the last half of the video.

2 Likes

Yeah,
I think its about 21 Minutes in, (just jumped around) He uses “private eye” stack to set up a conditional Go back" button.

Sorry, poor description. In the dashboard the is a link to the docs in the footer, I need to hide/remove it.

If you don’t have an install of Arma on the go let me know and I’ll send over the creds for that demo page.

@mitchellm Great stuff, thanks.

I see what you’re talking about.
I just looked at the Nimblehost demo site (I don’t have an install up right now for Arma).
This CSS would remove the entire footer. However, I don’t know where you would put it since the dashboard is dynamically generated by Armadillo?

#bottomPanel {
display: none;
}

That’s what i got, but, I used hidden not none!

I’ll try adding it after watching that video. Thanks.

Jonathan,
Does still answer questions, I invited him (via email) to join in.

support@nimblehost.com

I’ve just sent him a support request too! About something else though, not the footer.

But you were right, adding that code doesn’t hide the footer. Will wait to see if Jonathan has any ideas.

Thanks for you help today, much appreciated.

Armadillo is such a great blog stack with enough CMS for many applications. I have used it on sites setup 5 years ago and have never ever had an issue with any Armadillo site. The CMS is really clever and and a bit of a hidden and forgotten CMS gem.

The real power of styling Armadillo is that CSS capability that is baked into the Edit mode and thoughtful naming of classes within Armadillo. Good place to learn basic CSS styling and try it out too.

Unfortunately, Armadillo got a bit of a beating when flat file CMS and blogs appeared, but setting up a database is dirt simple and quick. If you struggle with setting up a database, then you will probably also struggle will any other system that requires naming macros or setting up links IMHO.

1 Like

Armadillo uses all the CSS classes and ID’s from the standard built-in blog plugin. It was initially built to be “replacement” for that plugin. A lot of the framework style (blank themes) that were built just for stacks pages don’t have any of the styling(CSS) for the blog pages. You can get a complete list of the blog styling in the Realmac Theme SDK(around page 112):
https://github.com/realmacsoftware/RWThemeKit/blob/master/Documentation/rapidweaver4_themesdk.pdf

Thanks for the info guys - this “should” work, so that it’s not indicates the CSS file is not being successfully created on the server, or some other problem is occurring. It’s also feasible that due to the style cascade the CSS was being overwritten by other rules.

Hi Jonathan(@NimbleHost),
Welcome to the new forum.
The question I have deals more with making changes to the dashboard CSS. Steve (@steveb) wants to remove or hide the link to “documentation” in the footer of the dashboard. It links to the nimblehost sites documentation page that’s more about settings up Armadillo rather than how the end users would use the online editor to create and edit posts or solo content.