Armadillo PHP 7.4 or above errors, anybody else? SOLVED

Just tagging on to here that I am/was getting the Slim error (but different from the magic quotes one) on Dreamhost with any php above 7.4. I’ve had to keep my php at 7.4 for now until either something with Armadillo changes or I’ll have to look at another CMS option.

Apologies, this slipped past my radar. I still have to troubleshoot why the update doesn’t appear in Stacks.

3 Likes

I just finished a round of testing Armadillo with PHP 8 and 8.1 without running into any issues, but have encountered errors with 8.2 that I am working to resolve. What specific error were you seeing?

2 Likes

Ah crap, I wish I had screenshot it or something. I don’t remember exactly what it was, but it wasn’t the one that started this thread. I’d switch it back now to check, but someone else is using the function and I’m afraid it might stop working again.

That’s good news about 8 and 8.1 though; thank you for replying and testing things.

@NimbleHost I hope you are considering providing this as a paid for update. You have been a real standout in terms of continuing to support Armadillo and it would only be fair that you charge an update for this. I am sure the legion of Armadillo users out there would be very happy to pay for such continuing support.

4 Likes

I’ve fixed the errors I encountered when testing Armadillo with PHP 8.2 and pushed out v2.9.10 - and fixed the updater issue that was preventing the recent updates from appearing in Stacks. Please give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues.

4 Likes

@mitchellm @Konfuzzious @pmjd @Juergen @Bioguy Just tagging you all so you know about the v2.9.10 update and that it should be appearing in Stacks now.

2 Likes

Hi @NimbleHost Jonathan. Sorry to say that but it does not work for me. No update message für Armadillo.

Best, Juergen

Update shows for me using RW 8.9.3 with latest Stacks5.

Screenshot 332

Screenshot 333

Previously I had v2.9.8 and that didn’t find the v2.9.9 update.

@Webdeersign Strange, I use the same configuration

I’m on Armadillo 2.9.9 which I got from Jonathan directly. Maybe that’s the reason?

Edited:

I had to downgrade to v2.9.8 in order to get the update message.

Edit 2 @NimbleHost

However, after updating to v2.9.10 the famous SLIM error is back again…

Code: 8192

@NimbleHost Yes, version 2.9.10 (1872) appeared and updated for me. Have not checked like @Juergen did so don’t know if I would also get the slim application error.

Update received. I haven’t tested it yet for any ‘slim’ errors either.

I’m trying the official support for @NimbleHost too, but hoped he, or someone else, might see it here and offer some help.

Dreamhost is now charging me extra money if I don’t upgrade my PHP past 7.4. So, I have to find a fix for this or abandon Armadillo.

Everything works fine until the PHP is upgraded to 8 or above and then I receive the Slim error upon attempting to login. I am running 2.9.12, which I believe is the latest version of Armadillo.

This is the Slim error:

Details

Code: 8192
Message: hash(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($data) of type string is deprecated
File: /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php
Line: 97
Trace

#0 [internal function]: Slim::handleErrors(8192, 'hash(): Passing...', '/home/rhettjay/...', 97)
#1 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php(97): hash('sha256', NULL, true)
#2 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php(121): pbkdf2('xxx, '^VI8n)q~uyJ8Ile...', 1000, 32)
#3 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php(236): Armadillo_User::encryptPassword('xxx')
#4 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/index.php(696): Armadillo_User::loginUser('rhettjay', 'xxx', '//csnbiology.or...')
#5 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Route.php(395): login()
#6 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Slim.php(1145): Slim_Route->dispatch()
#7 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(84): Slim->call()
#8 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(91): Slim_Middleware_Flash->call()
#9 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Middleware/PrettyExceptions.php(65): Slim_Middleware_MethodOverride->call()
#10 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Slim.php(1097): Slim_Middleware_PrettyExceptions->call()
#11 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/index.php(1076): Slim->run()
#12 {main}

@Bioguy I think this is a new one for me. We’ve tested PHP 8, 8.1, and 8.2 without issue, but perhaps there’s a configuration issue for certain scenarios that we’ve yet to encounter. I will try to reproduce.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, after updating to Armadillo 2.9.12, did you use the “Re-publish all files” option, or just publish normally?

@NimbleHost Ok, so I was putting this on hold until I could look for something else if it wasn’t able to be fixed and kinda forgot about it.

Then I get notification of your message. I go back to look and now it isn’t showing the error and appears to be working and it’s on PHP 8.1. I did literally nothing since I posted this message with the error. I don’t know how that’s possible, but it’s working so I guess I shouldn’t complain? 🤷🏻

Thanks for the update~ Sounds like Dreamhost may have done something behind the scenes, just glad to hear it’s working now.

been desperately trying to access some support for a week…

Completely blank page (credentials checked 100% correct). Dreamhost say :

" Upon checking the logs, it looks like the issue is caused by the MySQL
credentials in this path:
/home/quantize/boxcar.com.au/web_2023/news/files/stacks_page_page11.php"

HELP pls Mr Nimble.

Could you add Hyper.Host also? Thanks