Blocs Chat

No, it is not. Currently it focuses on editable areas on pages.

A blog will follow up this year.

3 Likes

@ashleykaryl would be good for a couple of ‘starter templates’ to get the feel how it all works?
https://eldargezalov.com/products think this guy does OK??

I have never used his templates, but not heard any complaints on the forums. Eldar is a big part of the Blocs community and has helped a lot of users.

1 Like

Eldar is very well respected and I believe he also has some very professional video courses.

However, you don’t need a template to start building with Blocs as you can drag just 4 Blocs onto a page and that would be considered a template layout in RW. Just try it and learn that way.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s my plan. I’ll most likely make some vanilla templates or recreations of popular sites and make them free on the Blocs Store.

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Download old version of RW

Well, I bought it @Norm looks really funky/great…watched Eldar’s intro videos and definitely thought it warranted a go for this pensioner!!
PS The vanilla templates/free stuff would be an awesome addition!!
W

3 Likes

I finally bought it, too. I’ve heard great things about it for a couple of years- looking forward to playing with it.

3 Likes

Me too :-)

1 Like

@Piggles I think Janis meant to send you here - https://blocs.store where there are free and paid templates and add ons for Blocs.

The “Blocs Templates” link does have a killer “Lifetime deal” though on every template, including future ones. I bought it last year, and have used some of the templates for quick brochure sites. Eldar who runs that site is constantly adding new templates, is very active in the Blocs community, and his Blocs 3 courses are great!

2 Likes

I’ve just bought it as well. I like the idea of having some kind of alternative to RW that I can explore.

Thanks for the recommendations all.

Rob

3 Likes

Got it as well, first impressions are very good but will need to try and find some time to have a proper explore.

1 Like

I have a Blocs project that I plan to make available: https://www.templaterepo.com/#designed

It was the project I built from scratch then I taught myself Blocs. It covers most of the basics of building with Blocs, plus using custom classes and some other tricks that push Blocs a bit.

I need to sort pricing and how to actually package it up to sell. If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll get a move on sorting things.

Price will most likely be €15. It’s listed at the standard price for a multi-page project, but I will reduce that.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be able to get Blocs because I get paid next Friday, and the offer seems to be over on Wednesday. Having said that it looks to be a much nicer, and a much more intuitive web design program than Rapidweaver is. Blocs is what RW should be. In fact RW seems to be old school compared to Blocs, because Blocs can do in one or two quick mouse clicks what it takes RW many minutes to do. Yes RW has been around for a lot longer and it seems more powerful, but I’d bet that in a few years Blocs will overtake RW. I just wish that I knew about Blocs before I invested so much into RW. I did join the Blocs forum and I will at least learn how to use the program. Maybe it will go on sale again down the road and I can try to buy it then.

Quick question; is there a way to import HTML code into Blocs?

I’m wondering if you could design a webpage in RW, take just the HTML code and then import it into Blocs? Probably not, but would be a great feature if you could. If someone wants to get rich, please make a way to convert/import stacks into Blocs.

This is my biggest disappointment with Realmac. Their tech support is so bad that it’s basically nonexsistant. One reason I would love to switch over to Blocs is because it appears they actually have people there that care about their customers.

THANK YOU Bazza for posting this thread. I’m glad that I at least learned about this program Blocs.

1 Like

Pleased it’s helped and also seems @Norm maybe has a few extra customers - always good to support a fellow Northerner ;-)

2 Likes

The offer has been extended. These websites that offer deals frequently have a very fluid deadline.

1 Like

How has it been extended? It still shows it’s over on Wednesday.

Franky speaking, that does not make sense at all…

I read on another forum that you could do the opposite (go from Blocs to RW) and was just wondering if you could import into Blocs, but I read on their website that you could not import.

The screenshot, captured last night, indicates 6 days left. Not for you?