Blocs Chat

The rate of development seems to be much faster with Blocs, as does the level of support. I simply asked Realmac where I could download 7.5.6 eleven days ago and I’m still waiting for an answer. There have been times when I have made suggestions for features in Blocs and they have appeared within hours. In 2019 it added 150 new features and that was all within Blocs 3 without a major upgrade.

It will soon have the ability to export direct to Wordpress, which will be built in to the app. Again no need for extra paid plugins. If you are happy with RW then you can stick with it. In my case the main motivator for switching was down to speed of page previews in RW and since then options like Source have appeared that are much improved.

I do tend to find it tricky jumping back & forth between the two, not least because some of the keyboard short cuts do very different things. For example cmd + d duplicates an item in Blocs, but deletes the page in RW.

Overall I have no regrets and the point about relying on one person is valid, but then again Adobe stopped Muse recently and that was a subscription deal. If Blocs stopped development tomorrow I could still use it quite happily for the next couple of years while looking at alternatives.