Blocs for iPad is now available

I’m mobile so I’ll keep this short.

Posts are up in all categories.

Yes. Made for stacks lists back catalog. But you ignored my stats about newly launched addons. Those are good numbers.

As for the search, it will return keywords from tags and descriptions. So if you tag your products with those, it will come up. Source is there already.

Stacks links to M4S from the addons update window, just like the other app. The repos for both are all online.

I’m a S5 + RW8 user as well. It’s solid.

2 Likes

It’s not just here, Gary. ‘Behind the scenes, there is growing concern, and the public facing activity is reducing and developers are seeing less revenue’ could apply across the whole range of software development, and indeed to many other areas right now. Apple, Google, Meta, Microsoft etc. are all laying off staff, and this is cascading right the way down through the industry. Inflation and other pressures mean that people are buying less stuff.

In truth, this is a bad time for migrating platforms. Most people will be sticking with what they have, and are less likely to upgrade if it means they have to fork out for software updates too. It’s a time for ‘mend and make-do’ (as the old WWII slogan put it). The good news is that we have a really superb toolbox to work with and, as Joe pointed out, there is still a stream of affordable, exciting new stacks coming through. At this point, I’m not sure StacksPro takes us forward much — its original purpose was to provide ongoing viability for stacks, when RM was threatening to take RW off in a different direction. But a year later, many of us are still using RW8, let alone RW9. I could see myself still using it in 2025 — right now, it’s no big deal. I’m not replacing the 1600 stacks it says it loads at startup.

3 Likes