Blocs question (Don't tell me off!)

Indeed, that would be the thing to do at this point!

(Still can’t believe there isn’t a super simple way to define the height of a hero header though!)

There may be, see what they say.

These figures are just thrown in as an example, but I’ve set it here so the minimum height is 500px and the maximum is 800px. The width can be done as well, plus there are options for px, % or vh. Again these can all be varied at each breakpoint independently.

BOOM! There is it!

I knew it would be possible, just for the life of couldn’t figure it out. Even after being told several times.

Worth mentioning that yesterday (or maybe the day before) I started with Designer, took @paul.russam and hour to show me how to add stroke to an image.

You can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes a fucking long time!

Thanks everyone, well thanks Ashley, the rest of you are useless ;-)

2 Likes

A Hero Bloc is 100%vh by design. The clue is in the title.

I’m not in front of Blocs right now, but my initial instructions will quickly get you to what you want to go. Adding BG images is basic stuff that you have to read up on.

Just ask on the Blocs forum.

PS The new Blocs (Addons) Store will be live next week.

Remember also that structures like hero blocs are just starting points. Not only can you adjust the elements freely for position, but you can also add or eliminate contents, so if you want another item under a button, just hover over it and click on the bric icon that appears, then select whatever bric you want.

If you have the imagination, Blocs can do some pretty wild things right out the bag with no additional add ons. The new modal bric for example would allow you have a pop up video or contact form in that same area within the hero bloc.

OK, another quickie… Add an overlay over the background image in a hero?

I’ve tried via a class but can’t figure it out.

What you can do is to build a Bloc that does what you want such as an edge to edge SectionsPro type Bloc, with a fixed height for 3 breakpoints, a BG image with centred content to be decided, and then save it as a custom Bloc to use whenever you need it. You can gain access to this in every project. Powerful stuff.

1 Like

Ya, saw that feature in one of the videos, looked very nice.

I do have Blocs in mind for a range of sites I’ve launched. They are ultra simple and will all use the same layout, so that feature will be perfect, once I’ve worked out the basics.

That’s an understatement.

1 Like

If you place an image in a Div it should be possible to create an overlay colour. I did this once, but can’t remember how now. I’ll experiment again a bit later.

If you have the Bric library in the sidebar open, this will activate drop mode, causing the selected Bric (component) to be added to the page.

There is a feature called textures on the Bloc controls, it doesn’t support custom colours but it may tick the box for you as it has some options to dull down the background image with a black trans overlay.

BTW thanks for giving Blocs a spin, our forum is a pretty chill place, so please feel free to ask for help there too 🙏

Poor old Steve, you’ve become a tennis ball. I hit you over to the blocs forum and someone tries to punt you straight back.
It reminds me of those messages that you used to get on the left and right walls of the cubicles in shopping centre bogs :)

1 Like

It’s OK, I enjoy being bounced between grown men.

Ahem.

Saying that I think most forum dwellers are actually 14-year-old boys in their bedroom.

I’m not. I’m an eight year old girl.

They’ve all lost their jobs in McDonalds and got kicked off the internal Maccy Chat that’s why they end up in places like these. All hope is lost.

Job in McDonalds? Luxury.

“From web design to McNuggets: How I turned my life around without any gaffer tape”

(No small child were harmed in the making of this movie)