Blocs: what do people think?

Exactly. And as long as you’re not using the form, everything else should work as well also.

I use the form by One little designer and post office stacks. Would they be at risk?

I guess you have to speak to each individual developer for the details.

1 Like

WTF!!! if that’s true my business is going to lose a lot of money!!!

please confirm, @joeworkman

Foundation v1.9 forms have not been updated to support PHP8. They do work just fine with PHP7.4, a version that every hosting company in the world still supports.

Foundation 6 forms are fully compatible with PHP8+.

2 Likes

So, are our Foundation 1 sites still fine on PHP 8 if we don’t use the forms?

Yes , I have Source and I can recommend it too.
I was showing the Source link to @TemplateRepo, since he had no idea what Source was.

Guys, Steve (TemplateRepo) was just kidding…

2 Likes

Okay! 😂

Lol. Yes, I was being sarcastic at Webdeer, as he manages to mention Source in every post…

@webdeer, what’s the weather today?”

“Warm and sunny with a chance of Source in the afternoon”.

7 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe. Will Post Office stack work okay?

All of my actively developed stacks support PHP8.

3 Likes

To answer the original question - Blocs: what do people think? This is what Dan thinks of Blocs:

“Applications like Blocs are gaining in popularity for their all-in-one approach. Users need RapidWeaver, Stacks, and a Framework to build a half-decent website, and we’ve mulled over (a LOT!) how we can make this not-so-great experience GREAT”

Only half decent? We can currently build using RW7 + Stacks and the best stacks, very decent sites that have Variable fonts, webP images, complex CSS Grid overlayed layouts with sophisticated CMS systems that achieve a Google PageSpeed result.

NB This is from the open for all to view, page at RapidWeaver 9 Developer Announcement | RapidWeaver Community

Well worth saving a copy of that page.

4 Likes

+1 for me as well. I will be moving forward with Stacks and Foundation since I have an investment in stacks, feel secure with the active Weaverspace community and the excellent support from it and Joe Workman. For me RW is just a shell for Stacks at this point and I’m looking forward to what Isaiah has in store with Stacks 5.

3 Likes

I don’t know how anybody could abandon RapidWeaver for Stacks. You guys just have your priorities all wrong. You’re not remembering what’s really important to the World Wide Web of people we all have to think about. Realmac plants trees whenever we buy RapidWeaver., and that’s what’s most important. You can’t save the earth with Stacks.

See Forest | MoreTrees.eco

But you can be happy in the knowledge that the hundreds if not thousands of dollars we’ve personally spent of developer stacks will be carried over into the new Stack app. I’m all for planting more trees but my main concern is the loss of all that money and time I’ve spent learning the system.

@aidy The way I understand it, it’s the stack developer preventing you from using your purchased stacks in RapidWeaver. So the loss of time and money would be down to them wouldn’t it?