Course hosting?

Hi friends –

I have a few video courses I’d like to sell online. The courses have downloadable PDFs that accompany the videos. The courses have been developed and fine-tuned through my teaching experiences over the past 20 years, so I’m being cautious about where and how they are available to paying learners.

I’ve checked into many of the course-selling sites online (Udemy, Skillshare, Kajabi, Teachable, etc). The lower-end sites seem to allow anyone to post and sell a course, regardless of production quality or content; the upper-end sites seem to include a lot in the subscription package that I wouldn’t use. (I can build websites and mailing lists on my own, so I don’t want to pay for a Kajabi subscription that includes those features.)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a site where I can sell my courses? Particularly one that would allow me to embed my course offerings in an existing site I’ve built in RW? I’d like to hear from anyone who is farther in this process than I am, and what their experience has been.

Alternately, I’d like to explore hosting/selling courses on my self-built RW site – seems like it could be done fairly easily with a paywall and links, etc, but I anticipate I would lose some capabilities and benefits (and possibly be more vulnerable to content stealing / password sharing, etc).

Any thoughts?

You could check https://www.digistore24.com/en/home/

If you already know how to build the website then you wouldn’t need much. I recommend using Sitelok and a good (cheap) host that includes PositiveSSL certificates. A host like NameCheap would suffice;

NameCheap

I also would watermark your videos and NOT allow them for download. Just let them view them from your (Siteloked) site. Once they download your work you lose all control, and they can duplicate your work and pass it off as their own. If you have RW then there are a lot of stacks that allow multiple options for viewing videos. Stacks4Stacks has Player 2, which is a great Stack and as usual his prices are very reasonable;

https://stacks4stacks.com/player/