Creating a private forum page

Sitelok? Doubt it. And no uploads!

I did say basic ;-)

Cool ok I’ll give this a try. Thanks a million !

Thanks for that. I am speaking to them Monday, so all this really helps me with what I need to ask them.
Its a naturopathic doctor and I think the forum is for light hearted group chats rather than heavy bananas medical info … But I’ll know more next week!

Vanilla is great but… Vanilla themselves stopped supporting it beyond the PHP 7.4 version and the free version only works with 8.x thanks to a user hack. And, sadly, this is a now familiar story: markets shrinking, products ceasing to be supported, users stranded (in today’s news sales of Macs slumped by 29% — it begins right at the top of the tree). This is what I mean about the RW/Stacks community needing to adopt a ‘mend and make do’ approach, because it is where the whole industry is headed.

Not the whole industry. Just the ones who stop developing and innovating. It takes a dedicated person to commit to the long term. The commitment includes research and development as well as good marketing and business skills. Or a team that knows how to work together for the better good of the whole company, not just the one (owner).

It needs deep pockets to commit to the long term, and market conditions are becoming tough all the way down from Tim Cook’s office. The volumes aren’t there any more, nor the margins. If Apple are facing that now, stack developers have been feeling it for a while. And people who might have been able to justify splashing out on a new computer/website/app/stack/project a while back are now feeling the squeeze on their wallets. Where this community could fare better than most is by creating and sharing cool stuff and ways of doing things, and by supporting the ‘Mom and Pop Shops’ that make the things we use, in the interests of the survival of the platform.

2 Likes