Depositphotos Appsumo-Deal

Maybe this Appsumo deal is interesting for one or the other of you…:

Check out the download limitations though.

• Do credits reset every month? Why is it a lifetime deal if I only get credits once?
    You get 100 downloads once per code and a lifetime to use them (they never expire). Downloads do not reset each month, so stack multiple codes if you want more images! When purchased on their site, you have to use all your downloads in 1 year. With our deal, you can download images anytime for life!

@ruyiton I don’t see any limitation there. Buy one, two, three or more codes and download the images you need whenever you want.

1 Like

The limitation is 100 images :)

That doesn’t seem like such a good deal to me but I suppose it depends how you are using them.

I went with a Yayimages deal via AppSumo and there is no limit on the number of downloads for the ‘free’ images. There is a pro level too, but the basic level is fine for me. I think that cost around $60 for a lifetime deal.

It’s essentially a no expiry “on-demand” deal, with 100 images at $2.50 a pop. Depending on the quality of the images, that’s either about half the going rate, or really expensive!

And that’s the rub with these things. Not all image banks are equal. Far from it. I have an account with Shutterstock. They don’t roll over unused monthly credits but (IMO) they have about the best portfolio. iStock is the same monthly price and do roll-ver up to 100 credits, but the portfolio isn’t as good.

No idea what the Depositphotos portfolio like, but I’ve often found these cheaper alternatives tend to just bulk buy lower quality images from the big boys and sell them on. And, they tend not to be around for too long. So that lifetime deal might not last your lifetime, but Photodeposits, which might only be a few months.

For $39.- you get 100 images (downloadable whenever you want). That’s 39 cent per image. I’ve been with Depositphotos for over 5 years now and am quite sure they will stay in the market for the next years. Their portfolio is so good, that I only very seldom have to look for (special) images on other sites. But that’s only my personal experience…

1 Like

Thank you @wolf . A truly feel good deal for me in that I paid Depositphotos subscription for two months and could not find time to download the images, to my loss. Now I have all the time in the world to search through these thousands of images/photo.