Dev Diary Ep6 - Responsive Images and Text Shadows

Photographers have the ability to FTP photos and videos directly from their cameras to a remote server via FTP. This allows web-sites to be dynamically updated with new photos/videos without the need for a tablet/laptop to update a web-page.

The same can be done via FTP apps on cell-phones.

I have only a few pages on my website, but thousands of photographs.

1 Like

Iā€™ve missed your purple prose. Keen to see that shopping list!

1 Like

If I can remember correctly, this forum and its name were created before RM antagonized users of Rapid Weaver. You must be unfamiliar with the situation if youā€™re talking about intolerance in this forum.

This is nothing but damage control on the part of RM. They have a lot of repair work to do to convince us of their honesty (if itā€™s possible at all). If you do not see this, then perhaps you missed the history of RMā€™s public relations of last couple of years.

I will gladly continue working with RM in the future, but as I said, there is a lot of damage control to be done before I get convinced ā€“ both in the way of ethics and in the way of technical development. Until that happens, I will try to keep my opinions on this matter to myself (which sometimes proves to be hard to do).

@RapidWeaver I didnā€™t get to where I am today by not jumping the gun ā€” and once they let me out, Iā€™ll probably jump anything that moves.

Meanwhile, Iā€™m glad user needs will be met, as I can now get back to my shopping list. Itā€™s also possible that Nurse Ratched will let me watch the video next Tuesday instead of the usual shock treatmentā€¦

7 Likes

ā€˜Hardā€™ is an understatement. As Iā€™m finding out. Iā€™ve reprimanded some good people on this forum for ā€™snipingā€™ at RealMac and now Iā€™ve gone and launched a missile ā€” if only to retain my status as hypocrite, of course.

One thing is sure, this forum does not lack passion. Which is why we must learn to ā€œaddress the post and not the person.ā€

Iā€™m off now to ban myself for a week.

7 Likes

To some usersā€¦

IMG_3922

In business shit happens. Get over it.

1 Like

Obviously it is not about intolerance. It is about forgetting or ignoring customer requests which have been there since several years.

Excuse me? This is a blunt statement. I just did a test. I added a very large image to a styled text page. Same large image is exported to the website by default, letting site visitors having to download the full image. Different in a stacks page: Stacks plugin resizes images to 1200px by default. And the detailed image control settings in Stacks plugin are far better than in RW native IMO.

1 Like

Thanks to those that gave constructive feedback, it was all really helpful. You can check out the latest dev diary video to see how itā€™s shaped RapidWeaver Elements!

2 Likes

Missiles deserve to be launched after the ā€œwarehousing came about from stacks not managing images properlyā€ comment from RW. The constant PR campaign against Stacks from RW shows their true colors. They only care about sniping the Stacks user base.

April canā€™t come fast enough.

1 Like

Whether you attend the Summit or not news is coming out in April. The summit is much more than a Stacks announcement. There is a ton a value from attending the summit as a website builder. Iā€™ve done talks at the summit for the last few years which primarily focuses on optimizing different workflows.

While you might not see the value, others do.

2 Likes