Docs for the honeypot stack?

Hi, have you any docs available for the honeypot stack? I have the demo, but need to understand how it works and best to implement.

Thanks.

@steveb … coming soon. I’ve been working on getting the auto-update features onto my stacks.

However here goes some suggestions:

-remember to name them with the same identifier character specified in the UIkit form base. The default is -- (but you can change it, for example to __). So assuming that you left the default value. Just spread one or two honeypot into your form. The more honeypots on the form more likely a robot will be suckered in. Make them sound legit: for example enter an input field like last--name after name, or something like that. Then you can add a textarea field called additional--information. The goals is, if a bot hits your form, you want to trick it.

I hope that this helps…

Ricardo

OK, so to check I’m getting this right, I can drag a Honeypot stack to the form, leave the settings as default (double checking the Honeypot stack field name is last--name (default), and that the form honeypot identifier setting is set to -- (default), and that’s it: I an now publish and it’s good to go?

Yep…

The field name can be anything you choose as long as it includes the identifier specified in the form.

If you want to test the honeypot, set the stack in test mode, it’s totally visible then. Publish it, go ahead fill the form, including the honeypot. Then submit it. If you have specified an email you will get a notification of the honeypot being filled, but not the garbage that a bot would filled in the form. Great for collecting IP addresses of repeat offenders and blocking/reporting them. After testing don’t forget to turn off test mode and republish it.

Ha ha! That is what was totally confusing me from the off! I couldn’t work out why it was visible. Didn’t think to try it with test unticked.

I’ve spent most of the day (well, some of the day) updating my UIkit3 sites.

Cheers.