Formsnap 3 - not playing nicely

Hello everybody.

I wonder if someone who understands things can help me? At least to know which developer to talk to.

I am trying to move a web site from Foundation 1 to Source. Everything works fine except for a Formsnap 3 page. It was fine in Foundation 1. I have recreated the problem in a test page:

https://test1.fergusblackmusic.uk/page/

Even in Preview, the page is “confused”. I know how it feels.

Sometimes (but not always) in Preview, I get this error message, which I regret to say, I do not have the skill to understand:

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/private/var/folders/44/ytg2240153zb65lvb5sn5rm40000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver/27836/document-0x7f98a6d260f0/RWDocumentPagePreview/page/…/rw_common/plugins/stacks/formsnap/lib/formsnap.class.php’ (include_path=’.:’) in /private/var/folders/44/ytg2240153zb65lvb5sn5rm40000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver/27836/document-0x7f98a6d260f0/RWDocumentPagePreview/page/index.php on line 38

Many thanks in advance.

Fergus

The display issue is due to Yadbab using an unscoped class of static that is affecting non-formsnap things that also use this class name (like the Source Nav bar).

You’ll need to pick this up with Yabdab I’m afraid. Worth also mentioning the php error to him as well.

Hope that helps?
Thanks,
Stuart

1 Like

@fergus As Stuart has correctly pointed out, Formsnap3 is the problem here and when it is added to any theme or framework or with any other stack that by coincidence uses a class with the name of static. We all make mistakes, and I’m sure this is just an oversight by YabDab to inadvertently make this mistake. The good news is that this is simple for YabDab to correct and Formsnap3 will then work in every theme/stack combination where this is a problem. Hopefully he will also address the other PHP error.

Our support desk can be found here…
https://yabdab.zendesk.com

@fergus

Hi Fergus,

Was this issue with Formsnap fixed in the end?

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone who responded. Yabdab was able to let me have a beta that fixed the problem I was having.

Best wishes

FB

I’m not surprised - Mike at @Yabdab has always been excellent at support and getting things sorted. Top developer vote from me.

1 Like