Introducing Replicants....a new project series for Source

I am releasing the first in a brand new series of Source projects that focus on replicating some well known websites.

For the first project I have tackled a few pages from the Setapp website. (Setapp is a great service with over 200 top quality apps - do check it out if you are not yet familiar with it!)

The project file contains extensive notes about how to achieve the various layouts / effects that have been achieved using (mainly) Source stacks.

Obviously, projects of this nature are mainly for learning about the framework and should not be used ‘as is’ for any real websites. Though you can, of course, adapt and re-use elements / sections of it in your own designs.

I’ve also created a couple of new payment options for Source projects. As well as buying them individually there is now the option to either pay a small monthly subscription or to pay a one-off fee for lifetime access to all past and future projects.

More details here

Any questions just ask :)

5 Likes

Lifetime for £90 is an instant buy for me. Just don’t die in the next two years, please.

3 Likes

Ha! I’ll see what I can do…

I got on the monthly subscription plan, because I already own all the previous projects. So for me this was most suitable. The lifetime plan was tempting though :-)

1 Like

Thanks @Kent - i did think the subscription option might be the most attractive option for those that already have at least a few of the projects. Is difficult getting the pricing right to suit all scenarios so I hope that what I came up with has a reasonable option for all :)

1 Like

Had to follow up here, as I’ve started working with one of the projects this evening, and I have to take my hat off to @habitualshaker on the sheer quality and attention to detail.

The projects are pixel perfect in terms of layouts etc. and there are loads of developer notes so you know what is doing what, and how.

This seriously raises the bar for template production. Given I’m also in that marketplace, I need to raise my game (and get some time to actually make some new templates!). Suffice to say I won’t be making any more Source projects, I’m not going up against that sort of competition ;-)

Excellent job Stuart. I’m presently turning Monochrome 2 into a new client offering :-)

2 Likes

I totally agree with what Steve said. Stuart’s Projects are the new benchmark for anyone creating RW projects.

It’s also interesting that there are now so many projects available for Source.

2 Likes