Introducing....Source - a FREE 'micro' framework for RW!

I would take a look at using the CleanMenu stack, which is what I’m using with Source and it works really well. I should note that I also use it with Foundry, in place of Mega Menu, as it allows me to build the type of nav system that I like.

Awesome! Thanks for being so responsive.

If I were to rebuild that site in Source, I’d most likely make my own menu to be honest. I’m yet to find a framework free menu stack that does what I want.

Thanks Tav. So how do you feel about how Source + BWD plays then? I mean, your infrastructure is about trying to avoid duplicate code too, right?

I have no “infrastructure” like frameworks do. The idea of Source is that you can use whatever stacks you want, frameworks will have a gallery in them that no one uses and then adds a gallery stack to the page. Source lets you choose the gallery that you want without having a redundant one there as well.
This is very simplified of course and frameworks have an important place for many users. Lets not forget that without the Frameworks that people slag off now then most people would still be using themes.

1 Like

Yes, I thought with your stacks though you were into optimisation, small code footprint, less duplication via Pro Styles, child stacks etc. So I’m suggesting Source + BWD might be quite a nice combination?

And I’m also suggesting, that if one were to use mostly BWD stacks for instance, then there’d be little point using frameworks other than Source if one was after speed/small footprint?

1 Like

It’s exactly this that was the driver behind Source. It’s for those that generally use (or would like to use) all of the great third-party stacks out there. Source gives a great base for that approach.

If you stick completely (or largely) within a framework and its bank of stacks then Source makes less sense.

1 Like

Well I’ve downloaded the free version, perhaps I’d better give it a spin!

2 Likes

A tweet popped up from Elixir broadcasting that Foundry is now the 2nd most popular RW add-on behind Stacks, and therefore more popular than Foundation. However, congratulations to Source for becoming the 5th most popular add-on in the RW Community https://rapidweavercommunity.com/addons.

Admittedly the term most popular doesn’t appear to have any correlation to like/reviews, but hey ho.

Frankly speaking, these are always only snapshots of user interests…

Yeah - I think a recent single ‘like’ can rocket you into first place. Still - good to be there (and any further likes most welcome)

1 Like