Introducing...Source Plus projects

Hi all -

I have started to release a new range of projects under the umbrella ‘Source Plus’. These projects will showcase using various best-in-class third-party stacks with Source micro framework. The stacks used bring functionality / effects that are not available natively in Source (or frameworks in general).

Many of these projects will be completely free but others will ask for a donation (as a lot of hours are spent pulling the more complex projects together). To start there are a couple of projects with Feeds and Drift stacks from Weaver’s Space (@joeworkman) and a couple using Poster 2 by Instacks (@Jannis).

More projects are already in the works! And if there are particular stacks that you would like to see demoed in this way then let me know!

Check out Source Plus

Thanks,
Stuart

EDIT: Thanks to those that pointed out that the Poster project contained a missing stack. If you update Source / Source Addons now it will be missing no longer :)

19 Likes

Excellent. Just what I needed to nudge me to implement Poster 2. Looking forward toward Spider 2. Maybe something on using BWD Limelight with Source?

5 Likes

Good stuff. Poster 2 should be in everyone’s RW/Stacks toolkit :)

And noted re: Limelight. Good suggestion.

6 Likes

What a useful and helpful resource. Great job.

3 Likes

The Tickets demo is really cool and will should have plenty of applications

1 Like

Brilliant that you have done this Stuart, thanks for all your work. I could not do without Source or Poster 2 in my workflow, so I am always pleased to see more inspiration.

2 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks Stuart.

Question: I don’t have Poster 2 (Yet! 😉@Jannis), but on the “Source pages (Poster 2)” page, what stack/s is/are used to create the “left column sticky”-effect?

2 Likes

That page is created with the Grid and new

> Sticky stack

Very cool timeline layout and a layout not seen in a RW site before.

That Source layout is possibly the best layout I have ever seen for a timeline/updates type of display.

5 Likes

🙀

2 Likes

Yes - as @Webdeersign says it was done with the new Sticky stack. That came with the latest update to the Addon pack (released last week).

I use the same layout / effect for the Stacks page - where this just uses regular content as opposed to Poster 2 content.

3 Likes

@Webdeersign and @habitualshaker

new Sticky stack

Aah, I haven’t gad the opportunity to update last week, it explains why I haven’t seen it before. (The effect itself I have seen with Rails, Chroma and Sticky Grummage).
Thanks guys!

1 Like

Yes - Sticky Grummage was my go to for this kind of thing. It is it that is still in use on my regular stacks update page (which i’ve just realised is ridiculously out of date!).

3 Likes

1LD’s ‘Cling’ does this too (along with some other neat stuff).

2 Likes