Introducing.....Splider 2

hi @jacksona - that’s actually the 1 feature from Splider 1 that didn’t come across to Splider 2. The problem is how the scaling affects the calculation for the building of the slides. There is a way to achieve it but it complicates things so i left it out for now. Will definitely take a look at getting it added in again though with a future update.

1 Like

Appreciate the quick response, Stuart. I’ll look forward to a possible future update 👍

2 Likes

Hi, I downloaded your demo project and applied the onclick progress event to the source buttons, I put the buttons inside the slides and they work perfectly.
I am going to apply automatic scrolling to the slides, so I selected Mode: carousel, applied the “Auto scroll” extension. Everything is OK.
I intend to stop the first slide and, with the button inserted in the slide, start the scrolling, then I applied the “Intersection” extension and in view: pause autoscroll.
By clicking the source button with the + event inside the slide, everything works perfectly.
Unfortunately I realized that in Safari it is fine, but Firefox, certainly for its protections, even if I use it in standard mode, that is, I download it and I run it without changing anything, unfortunately the automatic scrolling does not work, it remains stationary, scrolls manually only by clicking the buttons.

So I removed all extensions, I selected “Autoplay”, and in Firefox it is fine, then I selected “Start paused”.

Unfortunately now I don’t know what is the value to insert in the onclick event of the source button to start autoplay.

Can you help me?
Thank you.

HI @Gianluca - i can’t quite follow what you are describing. What exactly isn’t working? And what do you need it to do? If you can message me a simple demo project i can certainly take a look.

solved by Stuart:

There is a way to create a toggle (pause/play) button if you want that functionality. Here is the code (I’ve added a couple of classes so that they look like Source buttons but you could adapt this to look however you liked).

<button class="splide__toggle source-btn s-button-primary" type="button">
	  <span class="splide__toggle__play">Play</span>
	  <span class="splide__toggle__pause">Pause</span>
  </button>

Add this to the HTML above or below section in the stack (to position the buttons above or below the slides). With this approach you don’t need to add any onclick event to a button because we are adding the html within the actual Slider html structure.

Thanks Stuart

1 Like

@habitualshaker can Splider 2 load content from TotalCMS’s blog list like Movingbox 2 can? I seem to recall it being a future feature/addon pack.

1 Like

Hi @pmjd

There’s no built in support for it currently. I don’t know much about TCMS or its workings but it may well be possible to roll your own already…

I presume TCMS has some sort of repeater/template stack where you build out the structure of your listing using different stacks and macros. Is that right? If so then you would need to add this inside of the Splider stack. And to do that currently you would need to first drop a Source Coder stack in and set it to accept stacks. The outer div of your template would also need the class splide__slide.

If that works then there are different settings in Splider that would allow you to control how any images are displayed and how any other content is positioned. If you get this far and need any pointers let me know.

4 Likes

@pmjd If you are trying this out keep us posted if successful. This would be a useful capabillity to be able to add TCMS content into a Grid or Splider slide.

3 Likes

@habitualshaker if you create a plugin for Gallery 3, you’ll get TCMS support out of the box 😅

3 Likes

Ha! Yes very true. I really do need to get onto that.

3 Likes

Thanks @habitualshaker, will try and have a play around and see how I get on.

Movingbox has a setting to select TCMS as a source, and in turn you have to put a TCMS Blog Lost stack in Movingbox. Sounds like Splider can do something similar if I follow the instructions right!

1 Like