Issue with Checkout stack

I don’t know… I assumed it was both:

Good news

We’ll automatically upgrade your online checkout – so you’ll be PSD2 ready.

Relax. We’re taking care of everything

Because you’re using a hosted payment integration, your customers are automatically directed from your website to PayPal once they’re ready to pay. And since we host the payment process, making sure you’re ready for the new SCA requirements is our responsibility. We’ll take care of integration – you’ll just need to log in and check your payment account settings.

So, while we upgrade our systems, you can continue to focus on taking quick, easy and more secure payments with PayPal.

@PaulM

LOL, OKm, apologies, I’m maybe being a bit thick here.

But no, I can’t help on that one. In truth I’m very behind the curve on this one. I’ve scaled right back by ecommerce over the last year so am somewhat out of the loop. This one has crept up on me a bit.

I’ve just been reading the Stripe docs linked above, I’m still a bit unclear on it though: It appears that the apps/widgets/scripts/etc. that initiate the payments on the website (so in the case of most RW sites, stacks like Checkout etc.) will need to be updated to introduce a new level of ID checking (security), but Stripe are being rather vague about it, and stacks developers, and the script writers for the none RW stuff I use, have thus far been silent!

This is obviously going to require a lot of reading up to fully understand the implications. What I will say right now though, is given to total lack of build-up to this, you have to wonder if like lots of other new security measures introduced in the past, the roll out is going to be delayed.

Thanks, @PaulM for raising this, sorry for not grasping it in the first place. I most certainly am on it now and plan to start learning fast, but as this is going to effect a lot of weavers, I wonder if it’s worth a mini section on the site? @Marten ?

1 Like

Michael Sorry I was asking about your stack so it looks like you have/are integrating the PSD2 requirements? When its ready let me know and I will investigate about changing over. THANKS Paul

1 Like

Steve - I do not think you are thick just annoying! lol :-) I really appreciate your input here, yes it will affect anyone selling anything through their websites, products, software irrespective if they are not based in Europe. This only applies to EU purchases only at present.
It has not snuck up on people because PayPal told me about this months ago, however I have been working with Cartloom who only told me at the beginning of the week that they would not have PayPal Card system ready in time and hence panic by me as I have to get this sorted and up and running and change my site by September. I have over 100SKU’s and if I need to input all of these, test ad get ready then its a big undertaking for me on my ownsome!
Michael has responded so lets see if others do. Cheers
Paul

1 Like

Yet still asked me to help!

2 Likes

Issue solved. V. 1.0.7 did the trick. Thanks…

1 Like

Great to hear @Davide

Sure @PaulM - will announce on the updates site:

And most likely on RW4ALL

As @steveb says it’s complicated and they’re not giving too much away either so the intention is to get ready for it so will do my best and see 🤩

THANKS for the time and effort! Appreciated!

1 Like

@yuzoolthemes just to inform you that the stripe amount is definitelly NOT in cents.
You said before that if I want to charge 1.00 USD I had to enter 100 in the checkout stack settings.

For that reason to charge 1205.50 CAD I entered 120550 in the stack setting. When my client went to pay the bill the system wanted to charge him 120,550.00 CAD, luckily his credit card denied the transaction. I apologiesed a hundred times, and things got sorted out.

This is the values I have now in the checkout stack and it seams to work, can you please confirm?46

1 Like

Apologies @Davide you are right… I added a x100 to the amount in an update a while back 😅

Can confirm those settings work as you can see from my screenshot:

I almost made you a lot of money! 🤪
Glad that you have it fixed