Limelight opening twice / flashing in Safari 15.4

Cleared caches just now. Issue still persists.

I’m sorry, I don’t know why it happens.

Having looked closely at this and it seems that when I click a Lightbox the background scrolls rapidly to the top of the page - and that is what I’m seeing in a brief “flicker” before the Lightbox video opens. I’ve never seen this before.

however I with my devices do not see flash or flicker on your site by opening limelight.

I don’t understand why in your devices you see the flash of the video you posted, it’s really a flash.

Thanks again for looking, Gianluca. A curious anomaly on my end.

I don’t think so. I was noticing the exact same thing on ALL of my sites last week on my laptop and on both iPhones. But, as everything looked fine in IE (Windows and Mac) and in Chrome, I didn’t post anything here. I upgraded to OS 12.4 and iOS 15.5 a couple of days ago (I see you’re on the same Mac version) and the flickering is no longer occurring.

I tried directly in Safari 15.5 on Monterey 12.4 and I can see what you mean - it is very fast but a definitely ‘choppy’ transition. However I think this is a different issue to the ‘double’ flash one…

You have a one page site with anchor links to different sections; my guess is that the lightboxes are in the first section of the page? Hence, it is not just limelight opening a lightbox, but the browser is scrolling to the top as well. If I’m correct, Safari appears to not handle this as gracefully as other browsers.

The scroll to top is happening because you have the links in the grid set to an href of # - i.e. an anchor link. Without an anchor after the # it will scroll to the top of the page. Either get rid of the # link or better still enter a void JS function as usual in these situations: javascript:void(0) as the link

2 Likes

Thanks again, Manofdogs - you’ve put me on to the solution I think. Changes to Safari seem to have revealed an issue in my setup that I’d never seen before.

That you very kindly, tav. I’ve had the links setup as such since I launched the site - but had never seen this scrolling behavior. I’ll change the links to the void JS as you suggest. Cheers, joe

No probs - this is what I see when I manually change them; no more scrolling

1 Like

@Manofdogs Len, I’ve just checked on an old machine and I saw the flash in Safari 15.4, on both of my machines running 15.5 is is working properly again. Let me know if there is any other way to make it happen but if it is just one short lived version of one browser I think we’ll have to just put it down to the browser having a bug.

3 Likes

Yes, changed them as you suggested to void JS - in Rapidweaver 8. But thanks for showing me how it’s done in the web inspector. Thanks again, tav.

I’m pretty sure it is a short-lived browser version as you say! Never seen this anywhere else.

This issue was happening for me, too…but it looks like it’s all working fine now! Good to know I wasn’t the only one who noticed it…I thought I was going crazy! :D