Limelight / Sections Pro

The following page seems to work perfectly in all browsers except IE11 and Edge. It’s probably user-error, but I can’t figure out the reason. If one clicks on the button “IMPORTANT - COVID-19 UPDATE” or the “Click to read our reviews”, the two mentioned browsers also opens a blank page. This doesn’t happen in Chrome, Safari or IE on a Mac. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this (I’ve checked the buttons - they do not have open in new window checked).

screenshot_6926

It sounds like there may be some incompatible JavaScript in there somewhere.

Limelight and Sections are two of the very few remaining stacks that should be IE11 compatible but I may have let something from the last 6 years creep in.

I’m still still stuck in my AirBNB at the moment and have no way to check but If you could send me a screen shot of the error console in IE showing the problem I should be able to fix it.

Thanks, Tav,

The issue was (probably) user error (a lack of reading all of the instructions/tips/etc.).

The issue is/was caused by the addition of a Hover Effect (Text underline from center) to the ButtonPlus2. When I removed the Hover Effect, the issue went away. Oh, and the issue is present in other browsers, but it adds a new tabbed page, so it wasn’t obvious. In IE/Edge on Windows, it does the same- but the browser then opens that blank page.