LockUp — a new stack for crazy good type

Hey @jamessouttar ,
good to hear from you.
Will you be answering the questions here that ran up while you “were gone”?
We’d really appreciate.
Looking forward hearing from you.

Catching up on questions:

If you animate the type and set a finite number of repetitions, how do you stop the type disappearing at the end?

You need to set Fill mode (from the popup) to forward. That way the animation will stay on the last keyframe when it’s completed (unless you’ve reversed the direction). I’ve implemented the CSS animation controls as they are set out — I still don’t know what most of the settings do! But there are some good tutorials on the web (for instance, from Mozilla or Hubspot).

How can I make sure, that LockUp is pulling RobotoSlab via FontPro from my server and not from Google directly?

LockUp will use fonts that are loaded by your RW project — it won’t load anything. You can use FontPro or any of the framework specific font loaders to do this. My own preference is to add the fonts in the RW Code > CSS panel (you can see how this is done in the LockUp Demo project — it‘s really simple). This is a good idea for variable fonts, btw, because the syntax is slightly different (although it doesn’t seem to be a deal-breaker, and other font loaders will often load them). If you have loaded a Google font directly from Google through another stack, and LockUp calls it by name, it will use that font. But there is no way it can use a Google font served from Google’s site if you haven’t loaded it elsewhere.

1 Like

Thank you James.

@jamessouttar so how do I receive LockUp after I’ve bought it?

Link to download LockUp was sent within 30 minutes. Checkout occurred through RapidCart.