Looking for a calendar recommendation

It’s been a long time since I integrated a calendar into a Rw site; I have a client who is requesting this feature now. What I’m looking for is a simple calendar that my client can easily add events to. No booking of events by visitors, etc. Just a nice, clean calendar that I could maybe display in a Lightbox (triggered by a button) that shows upcoming events. I’m not a fan of Google calendar. Suggestions?

StacksCal by StacksCal by StacksAppStacks | StacksAppStacks.com

2 Likes

You could also just roll your own using something like Poster or Feeds. Here are various event listings demos i built using Feeds:

All that is required for this is for entries to be added to a csv file or some other data source.

2 Likes

Also suggest StacksCal.

1 Like

But when the client should be able to add events by himself, wouldn’t TotalCal be the better choice…?

2 Likes

Hi, you can do this with StacksCal. Total I think needs TotalCMS or so.

1 Like

Thanks Jan, you’re right. While TotalCal definitely needs Total CMS, StacksCal indeed offers its own admin stack:
“Admin CRUD lets you Create, Read, Update and Delete events.”
If StacksCal and TotalCal only would offer recurring events…, sigh. Then they would be perfect! :-)

3 Likes

Thank you so much, everyone! It seems like StacksCal is the perfect solution for this client. Interestingly, this website was the first to use TCMS, which Joe came up with during a Hang Out many years ago while working on this very site. However, TotalCal might be a bit too much for their needs. They’re simply looking for an easy-to-use calendar to inform visitors about events happening at different gyms, without diving into too many details. Once again, I’m truly grateful for all your helpful suggestions and follow-up responses. Your support is invaluable!

Edit: bought and showed to the client. They aren’t entirely sold on whether they want a calendar yet or not. But, if they move forward, I’m ready: Best web design in North Georgia | About Us Thanks again everyone!

2 Likes

The client will also be able to add new events with the solution Stuart mentioned. You just need to update the CVS file or google sheets where the events are. Then Feeds will show those also. But StacksCal is definitely a good solution, and probably the easiest solution in this case. With the Feeds solution, you can design all your events according to your liking. So with regards to aesthetics, the Feeds solution is by far the best solution.

1 Like

Dave. If you want to get a play with a working install of stackscal, drop me a message.

@TemplateRepo Thanks, Steve. If my client decides to move forward with an implementation, I’m pretty sure I’ll need to customize it a little bit before it goes live- I’ll let you know if that happens. Much appreciated!

1 Like