Looking for RW macros list

Is there a list of RW macros anyone knows about? Google shows a RM page that yo have to pay for.

I need to duplicate a number of RW sites each specific to a geographic location, and alter a few specific words and also the SEO and Alt Tag content in a number of places, for each RW project to use the location.

I am hoping there are some macros I can use for this.

Alternatively I could use something like EasyCMS for each project, but using macros at the time of publish would be a better solution I think.

What about the theme sdk?

Thanks but couldn’t see anything useful in there.

Which macros do you expect or need in detail?

Initially I would like to see whats available.

I am hoping there will be ones to access the “Title”, “slogan”, “Footer”, “Logo alt” and “Banner Alt” text in RW7.

Maybe not footer. Everything else should be available.

Have a look inside a default theme package -> index.html

Good idea.

Not sure exactly what you mean by “a default theme package” but couldn’t see what might be these macros in any of the theme I checked. It seems however, that they won’t be in the index file unless the theme developer chooses to add those specific ones.

%title%
%site_title%
%site_slogan%
%footer%
%logo%
%banner_path%
%banner_alternate_text%

See also

2 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks.

These are the ones you can use:
%title%
%site_title%
%site_slogan%
%footer%
%logo_alternate_text%

The theme must support Banner images to access the Banner _alt text unfortunately. Also %email% is also partially accessible but it puts Contact Me after the %footer% text.

Also the %title% is the page title so that limits it use.

Anyway, there are 4 usable macros here that will come in handy in this requirement. Thanks again.

1 Like

If you grab the orignal RW4 Theme SDK PDF:
https://github.com/realmacsoftware/RWThemeKit/blob/master/Documentation/rapidweaver4_themesdk.pdf
Go to the Appendix TOC Page 77 You will see a list :

Most still apply With RW7.

To see what was added or changed in RW6 see this small addendum:https://github.com/realmacsoftware/RWThemeKit/blob/master/Documentation/Theme%20Syntax.
and for changes in RW 7:
https://github.com/realmacsoftware/RWThemeKit/blob/master/Documentation/Readme.markdownmarkdown

2 Likes

Anyone know of a RW7 theme that supports Banners. I have tried loads of themes but the RW General Settings for Banner has a message stating “The theme you have selected does not support banner images”.

I am hoping to find a theme that does support banner images and select it, then add the Banner Alt text, and then select a proper theme and I suspect the Banner Alt Text will remain.

You can also access the Sidebar Title using %sidebar_title%

I think Voyager included with RW does.

Kiki

I have been digging around the RW forum and it seems that some can’t access the Banner feature and some can use it. I have tried every RW7 included theme and none allow it for me. Weird but most likely a bug. Now that I have found a way to access the Sidebar I will abandon trying to use the Banner Alt text as I think I have enough macros to us.

Kiki doesn’t allow access to the Banner for me.

Anyone know if there is a macro for the page folder?

I don’t think so.

1 Like