Menu item scrolls to a section on same page - how is this done?

Yes there are several ways, the easiest way is to add a password to the page.
I use PageSafe by joeworkman https://www.weavers.space/stacks/page-safe
This will also stop Google from indexing your pages while you are in the build process.

there are other methods as well like setting up password in your .htaccess file & some hosts provide this in the Cpanel.

Ok great, thank you

I was just reading about Sitelok. Is that good for what I want to do as well?

Sitelok is more for membership sites, for just protecting pages Page Safe is your better bet.

In the example code I gave you earlier I hope you changed the “www.mysite.com/page_of _interest” to your actual domain name and page, otherwise it will not work.

Ahh - no I didn’t. Ok, I missed that - thank you. I’ll try again later as I’m about to have my tea.

Nothing to add up to here. I think the solution with the offsite page is the best if you want to go with Powerbar only. The URL also works with relative path names btw. Just enter /index.html#contact_us if your anchor is on the home page.

Also, there is no need to use the html stack, the anchor feature is built into the Title stack and can be found as a checkbox “Add a Bookmark”.

Thank you , Juergen

That works as long as I don’t have a contact form on the home page (which defeats the object as it’s the contact form I want to scroll down to) - I guess because with a contact form added the home page is now .php. ??

The trouble also is the nav menu now looks like this:

And also after clicking the contact_us menu item, when I click Home again nothing happens.

I’m testing all this in RW, btw, as I haven’t yet hosted the site.

This is probably all because I’m a beginner and I’m not understanding this properly!

Hi @Kroy, I have created a demo project which demonstrates how to get this working.

You can download it from here.

Please closely examine how the “offsite page” has been set up:
Page Title

URL

Title Stack

This does NOT properly work in Preview mode, no idea why. It works in Browser Preview however (without even publishing):

2 Likes

The Add a Bookmark is a nice little additional feature

Perfect - thank you, Juergen.
And I didn’t realise you could preview in the browser direct from the menu - that’s cool.

@pmjd, yes and you can use it as a target with the Scroll To stack!