Mighty Mouse

BTW:

Which I won’t understand: You buy a Mighty Mouse 2 and there’s only an old USB cable and no USB-C cable included.

I’ve not had a single loss of connection since adding those pieces of foil in the battery compartment. You should work for Apple.

1 Like

The new Tecknet mouse seems pretty nice. Vastly smoother and seems more comfortable than the Magic Mouse. Using a two button mouse is different but I’ll adapt soon enough. For £11 it seems excellent so far.

EDIT: I’ve just gone back to try the Magic Mouse and it felt like this:

Helpful discussion but unfortunately that Tecknet mouse will not work for lefties…

I bet there is something similar out there for left handed people. Tecknet may even do something themselves. I found a link to this alternative on the same page at Amazon and it looks similar in design. This taller shape keeps the hand in a more natural position, making it easier to hold for longer periods.

There is a whole list of left handed ergonomic options if you look down this page in the link above.

I’m left handed but almost ambidextrous in some things. Shooting can be left or right, kicking only left, punching right, throwing left - its pretty mixed up. I can’t feel comfortable using my left hand for the mouse / pad. It has to be right handed. My mate is the opposite - he uses his left and has configured the Mac Mouse to be left for clicks also - meaning the right click is the normal click and the left click the right click (confused?). When I use it it’s a real brain scrambler, I can’t for the life of me transplant the actions in complete reverse.

Mouse? Mouse? What’s a mouse?
Oh, I remember now, it was that funny puck-thingy that you got with an iMac all those years ago!
Sorry, never, ever used one again since I discovered a WaCom tablet.
Much more ergonomical!

The only mice that I see nowadays are those that scurry from my (openair) kitchen when the cat hasn’t been around for a day or two!

I have a Wacom tablet as well and it’s the only way in apps like Photoshop. I used to think of a mouse rather like a soap on a rope, but for web design I find a pen tablet awkward.

1 Like

Ashley, that’s possibly because you left the tablet’s Tracking in its default mode (Pen mode) which, as you say, is ideal for Photoshop, but cubersome with anything else.
I had two colleagues that used their tablets on a daily basis in Pen mode and it drove me crazy when trying to correct anything on their machines using Illustrator (the same as me — they didn’t have a mouse on their desk).

I have always set the Tracking to ‘Mouse mode’ which allows you to move the cursor around your screen(s) in exactly the same way as you would a mouse