When i download your TEST RW project and chande TAG to: čšťžýáí (in HOME page)
slug is: http://127.0.0.1:53188/?tag=cstzyai
and this is perfect… its ok for me.
(I tested this early as I bought the module)
but when i use POSTER it in MY project… TAG: čšťžýáí slug is: ?tag=n-a
I found a problem. when the page is in RW (in the computer) it’s fine …
slug is ?tag=cstzyai ---- http://127.0.0.1:53188/?tag=cstzyai
when I export it to the server, the links will change to ?tag=n-a
where is the problem? what can i do?
Slug is changed, but used non-ascii characters now - and some letters yes but some not - its not good for SEO still
new slug: ?tag=ľščťžýá%C3%ADé (“í” is not recognized still and other characters is with punctation)
the final result must be: ?tag=cstzyai (without punctuation, only “clean” characters - as in english :))
I hope you understand that special character handling is a pita. There have been reasons that for a long time I only supported ASCII characters in tags.
It doesn’t matter how a link (href) looks like, as long as the display text inside is correct. Google Crawlers don’t execute or follow links like wrong browser implementations. Therefore it’s also not affecting SEO.
For example, take the link I posted above, copy(!) it into you clipboard by text selection (not right mouse click copy link) and paste it into Safari. This browser will automatically change all special characters to their unicode representation.
In order to be able to transfers most of the different language characters into an ASCII representation, I need to use another PHP library, and this will be done in a major upgrade of Poster Stack. There are even some languages where no translation table exists.