No Stacks in RW9! Stacks5.App is coming!

That’s always a good solution 🍷😃

Don’t forget that, currently, RW8 and Stacks plugin is working nicely, and will for at least even after the next macOS update. So nothing to worry about right now.

I’ve made my decision already 📦

2 Likes

If there were a crowdfunding page to help build and launch a new Stacks.app, I for one would support it.

5 Likes

well, sure you made a decision! unless you want to develop adds on for the new rw9! ;)
certainly we are not going to burn all the money and time we’ve invested buying and using our stacks arsenal!
Yeah, you’re right Jannis, I was just being a bit melodramatic
And must say the @fergus idea of crowdfunding Stacks.app is brilliant… I’ll be a pretty happy early bird though !
cheers

Hej

What about this?
Maybe it will work since Dan mentions stacks.

Hi @Kent,

That’s out of context. That was my question regarding the add-ons marketplace. Not about RW9.

stacks with a small “s”

Hej Jannis ok, my bad, sorry.

Great post - 100% agree. Personally looking forward to what both have to offer going forward. The RW / Stacks partnership has been great but in truth has hindered the development of RW as a product and I for one hope they have some great ideas to make it a really attractive standalone. On the other side, it will be good to have a dedicated stacks engine without the largely redundant RW plugins and themes. Exciting times - both outfits should go for it!

1 Like

If you think investing any time and $ into WP and Elementor is a good idea let me disabuse you of that notion. I just spent a week revamping and editing a WP/Elementor site and was ready to shoot somebody. Preferably the idiot who convinced the client that WP and Elementor was the way to go.

You’d need a case of wine after that experience, not a bottle.

9 Likes

Yes, I also had my hands in WP on an Elementor site recently. Horrifying experience. That customer was using a free version of a theme that they edited with Elementor. Although in the end, I solved their problem, it was not easy. I personally am using Oxygen Builder when I once in a while need to do a WP site. It is a lot better but also took me like a year to learn. Nothing compares to the Rapidweaver/Stacks combination.

2 Likes

Ok. You convinced me :D anyway was just a manner of speaking. Even though my mate uses Divi and some automations platform and tries everyday to convince me. I just hate WP no matter the framework.
Elements in RW9 looks nice as idea. I don’t want to judge what happened between Dan an Isaiah.
But I feel so comfortable with stacks and Foundation6 I can’t imagine using something different anytime soon.
Thanks for the advice anyway, at least I won’t have a “weak moment” trying to go back to WordPress! ;)

If you are going to look into WordPress (I jumped) also take a look at Oxygen Builder - it disables the WordPress theme completely, and you get total freedom to build pretty much anything you can dream of. Also Oxygen is a “lifetime license” no annual fees like Divi or Elementor. A little bit more of a learning curve, but the Oxygen community is awesome!
My recommendation is to stay away from Divi… it is a a very “resource heavy” builder, producing really bloated, slow code… I made the mistake of using it when I first made the jump to WordPress. Elementor is good, but I found Oxygen to be even better!

2 Likes

RW has IMO for been effectively dead for a long time, there has been no real innovation on the core platform. I delete all the themes unused stuff on install. Sadly it has become purely a platform for stacks from the talented developers. Sadly because I feel there was huge potential for synergy and the wise thing to do would have been to broaden the platform and fully integrate stacks a couple of versions back.

1 Like

Correct, this would have been, at these times, the best. Unfortunately, this won’t happen any more.

Looking forward, the positive thing is we are finally getting our own core product with Stacks App, without the superfluous shell around. Even if now forced to do so, it was time.

2 Likes

Yes, I completely agree. It is going to be exciting to see how fast such a core product will be :-)

I have used Oxygen, Divi, Brizy etc. but I have now settled with Bricks Builder. It has a very fast interface, the UI is great etc. They also offer a lifetime license and like Oxygen disable the WP theme system.

4 Likes

Yeah but what about the split amongst developers? Who’s supporting RW9 and who’s supporting Stacks App? It sounds to me like it’s going to be a complete mess for a while.

Not to mention upgrading existing projects into RW9 or Stacks App. That will also be a mess.

The current plan is that all existing stack add-ons are working inside Stacks App.

Actually not. You have plenty of time to use RW8 + Stacks Plugin 4. There is literally no need for upgrading to RW9.

6 Likes