One site, two domains, GREAT SEO!

I have a site out there on the .co.uk domain that has amazing SEO for its key keywords. I need to either switch the site to the .com or run another version of it on the .com.

The latter option would be an idea, as that way I can run two versions with two prices: GBP on the .co.uk and EURO on the .com.

At present the .com is dormant.

If I run a separate instance of the same site on the .com and just change the prices and currency I’m worried I might fall foul of Google and the results for the .co.uk will take a hit.

If I transition the site form the .co.uk to the .com I again might hurt the results.

What’s my best approach?

1 Like

Is the different pricing units the driving factor?

If so why not try one of the geo locator stack to display the correct price depending on visitor location? Not 100 accurate I know but could be worth a look?

No, sorry, should have mentioned that. To date the business is signed at uk clients but I wish to now broaden that into the EU where a co uk won’t work too well.

I have run across sites like this many times, and what they usually do is have a drop down box at the top of the index page where visitors can choose the proper site.