Opportunity for Stacks App

This “classic” thingy drives me crazy, makes me feel older than I am 😂

Me too.

It that reduced functionallity, can’t be arsed to think of any new features, new product version name that blights the Pound Shop shelves.

They should have called it RW Stinger or RW Gouger.

1 Like

The badge sir. The badge.

5 Likes

If you research the ‘New Coke” blunder and replace “New Coke” with ‘RW Elements’ and “Coca-Cola Classic” with ‘RW Classic’. Give it some time and I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘Classic’ will be dropped from the name just like Coca-Cola. 😂

1 Like

It’s a bit off-topic, but didn’t Coca Cola want to move to drop “Zero” from all names and make the Zero products the “regular” products and the sugar versions of all products get the “classic” tag?

I read about it, but afaik they didn’t pursue it world wide (yet). They’d already received complaints that Zero started to taste like the original and those Zero consumers liked it as it was.
Oh well, us humans we tend to repeat mistakes over and over again… (and yet are expecting different results).

How in the world would anybody come up with that idea? StacksPro is going to be a new, independent app with the scope that will go beyond both RW and the Stacks plugin. At least that’s my understanding and my hope. Of course, it will need time to mature, but I am perfectly happy with that.

I presume that stacks developers would know if Elements is going forward or not, because they would have been offered the beta code for conversion. Perhaps Realmac has indeed stopped development of Elements due to lack of interest from stacks creators.

Further indication of this is the fact that Isaiah is coming out with a paid upgrade to the Stacks app, so at least for now he is continuing support for Rapidweaver. Which is a wise choice since it will provide him much needed money to continue developing the Stacks App. Maybe RM and YH have buried the hatchet, for purely business reasons if nothing else. It would be best for both parties if RM drops the whole Elements idea. And best for the user base as well.

I like the name change to Stacks Pro, which describes it perfectly!

2 Likes

I wonder if the updated Stacks plugin will be called Stacks 5, now that the Stacks app will be called Stacks Pro? We will soon see.

If the app is called Stacks Pro then the plugin could be called Stacks Classic? …now I quickly run and hide under the desk with a saucepan as a protective helmet :)

6 Likes

They even made a instruction video for it, specifically how to turn it on and… (wait for it….) off! 😂

4 Likes