Planar 2 UIkit theme - footer mystic empty space

Hi,

I am working on that page for our chamber orchestra:
https://www.kgosf.si

I can’t figure out how to get rid of that empty white area at the bottom of the page. It’s the same if I remove the last devider below. Any idea?

Next - is there any way to make hamburger icon to animate?

And is it possible to style the opened menu (in small screen view) - font of menu item, etc?

How could I make a nice footer area, are there some templates, or extra stack for that?

Thank you for your help.

Matic

Hi @Kaktus, welcome to the forum!

Bottom of page: I guess that area is the footer, seems that you’re not using the footer therefore the empty space.

Animation of the hamburger icon is not possible.

Menu: I guess you mean the offcanvas, the mobile menu right? If so the menu takes the font-family from the content option.

Now about the nice footer: I remember a stack by https://rapidweavercentral.info specific designed to make footers, not sure it’s available but you could contact Marten the developer about it.

Cheers,
Lucas

1 Like

Hi @Kaktus,

I noticed the images used on your pages are not optimised, some are as heavy as 24MB! I strongly advice you to prepare images before uploading on a page and keep them around 200KB the most.

I’ve written a quick guide on optimising images here that you may find useful: https://archetypon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035412691-Optimizing-images

Cheers,
Lucas

2 Likes

Hi @Lucas,

Thank you so much for quick and good reply. I will prepare image size thank you.

Where could footer area be configured?

Configure the footer at settings > general > footer. I’ll also add an option to disable the footer for the upcoming version.

@Lucas I can’t find any usable setting there:

Is this what you meant? It stays the same white area at the bottom of the page if I tick the Footer markbox or I leave it unticked (like it is now). Any other settings?

I found one more problem - when using Image stack (UIKit) I add a link to open a webpage and when choosing “Open in new window” - it doesn’t work. I used it there for logos of our sponsors:

https://www.kgosf.si/page/

It is set to “open in new window” and is not working. The same if it is unmarked…

Hi @Kaktus, on a better look that white space is there because of the extra container 8 and the footer. I’m making an updater removing the extra content 8 padding and adding an option to remove the footer, not only in small displays but on all displays too.

About the image link: yep this is something I’ve already added to the same Image component on the full UIkit-3 and will add to the UIkit Packs as well.

Let me know if you find any other abnormalities so I can add to the upcoming release I’m working on.

1 Like

Hi @Lucas,

thank you for your help. Great you will add possibility to Image. BTW - I have full UIkit-3 also, but I see only one Image stack (well, I chose Planar2 theme, but I have available also UIkit3 theme, should I change some settings?).

I tried both possibilities for removing footer area - wide screen AND mobile view; both are not working - white space stayed there.

Which stack from UIkit (or Planar2) do you recommend to my page to show photo album?

BTW - your Planar2 theme is really nice, imo. I like that design very much!!

I already contacted Mr. Marten about adding better footer template. Thank you again for your suggestion, he is also very helpful!

Cheers,
Matic

Since you have the full UIkit-3 package you can uninstall the UIkit Packs, then update UIkit-3 to the latest version 3.2.9. In this version the Image accepts attributes. In fact it already accepts attributes from some older versions, if I remember correctly.

I’ve just update Planar including the footer options, you will receive a notification soon.

Cheers,
Lucas

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you! 🙏

@Lucas sorry to bother you again…

I followed your instructions about unistalling Pack1+2 and updating UIKit3. But - when using Planar2 theme for my project, when I insert Parallax stack from UIkit3, it doesn’t work when I click preview. I also tried to copy/paste Parallax container from your Test project with all examples and it also doesn’t work when preview. After changing Theme from Planar2 to UIKit3, parallax works great. But then I loose all of design of Planar2 theme… What would you suggest me to do?

Thank you,

Matic

Hi Matic,

I’m on a quick vacation until next week and will take a look at it assp. There’s a possibility that the parallax from UIkit does not work in Planar, but will have to take a closer look to be sure.

Cheers,
Lucas

No problem, @Lucas, enjoy your vacation! 🏖

Best wishes,

Matic