Platform: release 1.1.3 has been published today

Yes, you have said that before, sorry. I remember when I first played with Platform it had a lot of the features that UIkit had, and used classes extensively. That’s where my confusion has come from.

Absolutely. Foundation, whilst groundbreaking in its day now feels completely dated. I’m no coder but it feels like it’s very dated in code terms too, but I might be completely wrong there.

Foundry whilst very polished was dated the moment it was released IMO. I tried for a while to work with the Foundry stacks but gave up as most are far too rigid for me and in some instances poorly implemented.

To my mind, Platform is where it’s at now for a simple to use framework for the masses, whilst UIkit is the only real option for the serious weaver, IMO. But it does have a steep learning curve to get the most out of it, with a good understanding of classes needed too, and most weavers refuse to learn anything beyond drag & drop and ticking/unticking setting options. Which is a shame as a bit of learning gives a huge improvement in performance and control when it comes to UIkit.

EDIT: As an example of the speed, this is a site I’m presently building with UIkit, and a smattering of BWD stuff too. It’s only a single page, with not a huge amount of content, but previews in RW take about 2sec to appear. This site was previously made using Foundry (maybe Foundation, can’t recall now!) and the same BWD stacks, preview was the usual 15-30sec wait.

A small point but I’ve found that exporting and publishing is way faster with UIkit than any other framework, not sure why, just is.

And sorry to @juergenbarth for banging on about UIkit on your Platform thread which I’ve just realised I’m doing! As I said, for most, Platform is the one to go for over anything else out there.