Please help! Something strange happened to my website

Hi everyone! This website was working perfectly up until today…and I can’t figure out what’s causing the problem. If someone knows how to identify the problem, I would greatly appreciate it!

Here’s one page: CSL Support | Surrey Schools ONE

This was built with Foundation 1. It uses WebYep Stacks (from Stacks4Stacks) and TotalCMS…some of the content is built with WebYep, some is built with regular stacks, some is built with TotalCMS.

Here are the things that have suddenly stopped working:

  • The nav menu no longer appears. If you scroll down, you’ll see the sticky menu that I built with Chroma, but there should also be a transparent Top Bar menu (with white text) at the top of the page
  • The banner headers no longer appear. They are supposed to appear in a layer on top of the banner image.
  • If you scroll down the page a bit, the 3 tiles (Teacher Resources, Parent Resources, About Us) are all black. They used to have an image and would darken slightly and zoom in when you hover over it. They were built with Sections Box

Is it related to WebYep? Total CMS? I’m trying to figure out the “common thread” between the pages that are having issues, but I can’t figure out what’s causing the problem. I have updated my stacks and republished all files multiple times.

This is quite a large website, and it has multiple websites connected to it. Here is another sub-site:

This one was also built with Foundation 1, WebYep, and Total CMS. It has the same problems: no banner heading, no transparent Top Bar navigation menu.

Any help would be much appreciated!

This is what it’s supposed to look like:

(it works fine when I preview the page)


Your transparent menu appears to be in a Sections Pro stack with visibility set to hidden . Disabling that command makes it visible until scroll - when the white menu appears.

I haven’t been able to identify the similar problem with the banner headline but it would be worth a quick check on your Chroma Marker and Sections Pro settings. Often “cycling” any stack settings (toggle on and off or vice versa) and then republishing all will resolve odd behaviour - especially on site projects that are a few years old 🙂

I appreciate you taking the time to check out the website, @Geoff ! But I think that hidden menu is intentional. There are two Top Bar stacks on that page: one of them has white text and appears in a layer over top the banner image, the second one is hidden until you scroll (and appears on top of a white background).

This set up was working perfectly for about 2 years. I’ve never had any issue with it. And I didn’t make any big changes recently…except that I updated all of my stacks a couple of days ago and republished everything (which is why it’s making me wonder if one of the stack updates caused something to break).

Also, when I inspect the page, I see this:

Could that have something to do with it? I don’t understand what that warning means.

And this issue seems to only be happening on my Foundation 1 pages. Some pages in this website were built with Source, and they seem to be fine.

Could it be that when updating all the Foundation 1 stacks that one also needs to update the Foundation 1 theme ?

Maybe @joeworkman has a comment whether your troubles could be related to the sudden upgrade of all the Foundation 1 stacks.

Thanks @GKs , that’s what I’m starting to think. The whole website worked fine and looked great for over two years… And now all of a sudden something seems to be interfering with certain page elements loading… And I can’t figure out what’s causing it 😔

Thank you both for trying to help.

I can’t afford to have these issues, so I’ve decided to replace all the Top Bar stacks, Section Fix stacks, and Chroma stacks on these pages. I replaced them all with 1LD’s Clean Menu stack, and now everything works fine. One of those stacks may have been interfering with another stack, and removing all of them seems to have helped.