Poster 2 - Formsnap3

Hello,
when i simply add the FormSnap base inside a Poster item in a page, the RW rendering html page sends me an error and when i publish it out in the cloud there is only a white page displayed.
the error is: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘’ (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting ‘-’ or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /private/var/folders/w2/mts_817553gby1znm2ct91wc0000gn/T/RapidWeaver/45708/document-0x7fa888626ec0/RWDocumentPagePreview/Articles/index.php on line 1341”
I requested an action to Yadab support (poster stack) and they answered me the issue is coming from the poster stack.

Poster v2.3.1
Formsnap V3
rapid weaver version : 8.6.2 (20836)
foundry version: v 2.2.1.0

regards

Form snap is executing PHP. As stated in the support docs, a stack executing PHP inside a Poster 2 item will not work.

I guess putting the form into a limelight stack, where the form is outside of a poster item, and having a button inside the item opening this limelight could work.

@steveb @Webdeersign ?

I don’t know for sure but this sounds potentially troublesome to use a form in a modal. I always put forms on pages so you may be able to use a form page for this.

2 Likes

Agree. Sooner or later anything inside a modal that requires inputs is going to fall over. I’ve learnt this the hard way.

1 Like

many thanks for your answers.
i finally decided to use Embed stack from stacks4stacks . it displays an external page that hosts my form. not state of the art but it runs.

1 Like