Poster1 to Poster2

Hi everyone, I was looking forward to the new version of PosterStack, I have seen right now that it is possible to download it.
I was about to download it but I stopped, a doubt arose, how can I migrate from Poster1 to Poster2?
I mean, I don’t understand if the process of converting all Poster1 posts to Poster2 is automatic or do I have to create a new blog and reinsert all old posts?
I saw the tutorial but I don’t understand … it looks like it’s a separate stack from the old Poster1, so should I do it all over again? Reinsert all posts? Create another separate blog?
I hope there is a migration method for not losing my old posts.
From the tutorials I can’t understand.
Thanks for the replies.

1 Like

Described here:

1 Like

ok,
theoretically then if I copy and paste the stacks of the Poster1 post on the page with Poster2, keeping the same title, I should have no problems, example:
a post with this title in Poster1 (Giornata Mondiale della Cosapevolezza sull’Autismo) creates the link for me

by inserting the same title in the post on the new page with Poster2 (copying and pasting from two versions of RW files, deleting Poster1 on one and inserting Poster2, so the address remains https://gianluca.online/blog/ equal) post address should not change. I could fix it … right?

Another question, do we with the old Poster1 have any price discounts on Poster2?
Or is the price fixed for everyone?
Thanks for the replies.

Exactly. Good you pointed me to that. Will add this to the support page. Thanks!

Yes, newsletter will be out tomorrow for existing customers.

Cheers
Jannis

3 Likes

Thank you

When it comes to copying content from Poster 1 to Poster 2 what can move across? Currently within the Poster 1.12.0 stack I have Poster Items of Text Summary content and Main content. If I create a new page can I just copy and past them into the 2.0 poster stack? Or do I have to create new Poster Items in 2 and copy over only the text as copy and paste? Finally, does this mean I will also have to adjust settings to create the same look?

Hi Nigel,

documented here: https://support.instacks.com/poster-stack-2/?post=migration

This strongly depends how your layout looks like. Do you use a lot of layout stacks inside your poster items?

Cheers
Jannis

No, my layout is very straightforward really. I was just wondered whether copying over the “Text Summary content” and “Main content” would cause a problem as they were created in v1. It wouldn’t be too difficult for me to test this myself, of course.

Sure, that will work easily.

Hi Jannis

How long will it be before the upcoming online editor is coming?

Kind Regards

Kent

Hi Kent,

I can tell you when available. Sorry I cannot be more clear.

Regards
Jannis

For me, I make a lot of concessions as RW can be very slow, spinning beach ball (buggy!) etc, and the suggested method for migrating exacerbates the problem.
OK, I’m still working on something to make this work but it is frustrating ;-)
I’m sorry for the initial criticism which may seem like a snap judgement, but it is what I suspected could be a problem.
I’m not expecting an answer, this is just another thing to consider…

There are no tools available, which would allow an automatic migration. With this, Poster 2 would not have been possible to create with keeping Poster 1 items directly useable.

Jannis–did you raise the price for your Stack Bundle?

Yes.

Hi Jannis. The only issue I’m having moving from vs 1 to 2 is the layout. I’m using Flexbox columns and all the settings are identical. What I’m finding is that in my layout there is no gap between the various boxes of information. It’s as if the gutter in the layout has disappeared. The only difference between the controls in v1 and V2 is that in 2 there is box for Gutter in 2, which is set for 30 px. This doesn’t seem to exist in v1, and I didn’t need it . Adjusting it in v2 seems to make no difference.

Like this? Here are 3 screenshots, one with 0px gutter, one with 10px, one with 50px.

I added a border in the override settings to make it more visible.

Exactly. But when I did those changes to the gutter it had no effect.

Then I need a published page. Maybe it’s a theme thing.

Shall I publish both versions onto two pages of my website and you can take a look? Or would you like to see the RapidWeaver file?