Poster2 - Multiple Blog in One Website

I have built a lot of sites using Foundry since it was released about 4 years ago. When Source was released, I never used Foundry again for new builds and even converted a few existing Foundry sites over to Source to “fix” stuff I wasn’t happy with. I have also added the Grid Enabler to an existing Foundry site to gain access to the Source Grid but building in Source is just a better way to build a site based on my experience of using both.

3 Likes

May I ask why you quite developing project for foundry, I had bought a could of them.

I felt that too many things were set in stone, such as when the navigation would resort to mobile, there was no support for warehoused images for all images, it was considerably slower than Source, no Flexbox controls of items, no CSS Grid and it also created the largest amount of code produced of any framework for RW adding about 600k more than Source to a page. Regarding the Foundry Gallery, without warehoused support it was useless to me and also the forms were basic and had few options to alter the form fields.

Foundry is ok for small numbers of pages with simple layouts and that seems to be it’s target area.

1 Like

What’s the best way to get start with the transition to Source and shorten the learning curve?

In all honesty though, if you already have an established Foundry site - and are happy with it - then you would be easier sticking with that and adding in the Source grids as and where you need them.

1 Like

This is what I’m trying to do. The idea is to have one block of 4 blog post with text on the left and 4 more blog posts with text on the right side. Both on the same page.

Would I be able to build this layout with help from the Grid Enabler stack?

Yes - you could create that layout. Is there only ever going to be 8 posts on the page?

At some point, it would be nice to have that as an option to have more than 8 posts to a page.

It’s impossible to add all possible layouts as options in the default package. That’s where templates from @Webdeersign and @habitualshaker fit well.

If I purchase your Grid Enabler Stack, would you be so kind as to help me with the layout.?

Just made the purchase of your Grid Enabler Stack!

Your inside and expertise would be very much appreciated as to how to crate my desired layout.

Your help along with @Jannis and @Webdeersign is much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Yes - sure. I can send you on a file with the basic grid layout.

1 Like

Thank you! You have my email from my purchase, correct?

1 Like