Rapidweaver 8.1.2

@isaiah Many thanks for the explanation. It all sounds quite reasonable.

@isaiah Will S4 be compatible with OS X 11.6 EC with RW 7? What about RW 8.0.3 also under 11.6?

Thanks for all your hard work. It’s always much appreciated. We couldn’t do much of anything without you, your bride, and YH.

@davidfreels - i’ll do my best to extend the macOS compatibility as far as i can. the limiting factor is usually when some feature requires a specific macOS sdk – and there is no trivial workaround.

i can’t make any promises on this front, i’m afraid. the devil is in the details and i ALWAYS save this work for the very end.

my current plan is this:
macOS 10.12 and RapidWeaver 7 compatibility on day 1. Perhaps pushing that back to macOS 10.11 compatibility a few weeks later.

We did this same thing on Stacks 3 – with a later ship date for the oldest OS versions – and that seemed to work very well.

I’m not sure what those numbers mean. Maybe you mean macOS 10.11.6? The answer is… I’d like to get there – but probably not on day 1. As that work continues please keep an eye on our bug-list for an item that mentions mac OS X 10.11 compatibility. You can follow that to stay up to date with the latest dev work.

BTW, our bug-list is public. You can find it here: Issues · YourHead / stacks · GitLab
It’s open and you can add and edit bugs and watch our automated build/test pipelines run and a lot more – the only requirement is that you log in to the system.

Isaiah

1 Like