Rapidweaver Classic announced

I can say that Realmac played cunning.

1 Like

As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

2 Likes

cunning-plan-blackadder-quotes

(It needed a meme.)

:-)

4 Likes

I just realized my guess was just right, back in January! I can’t imagine the faces of the ones behind Elements project when reading that post, LOL. “How does he know about this?” Funny that now I hate the way they implemented it. Never crossed my mind this team will split.

Smart because it will profit from all users who currently have no reference points to secure their projects.

Smart because it will receive profit from those who want to secure their projects by purchasing RWClassic with the discount and later if they want to move to Element, try it and find it good to start new projects, they will keep the old ones and receive an additional discount.

Smart because not everyone buying RWClassic will immediately switch to Stacks 5 App, (will they be willing to make a further purchase?) But I think they will wait for an updated version of Stacks with news if there are any.

I’m waiting for Stacks 5, but development news would be welcome.

Nevertheless, I’ve purchased / had to purchase the early bird special… If I would go for the 5 year upgrade price… idk.

For Stacks5, I’d do it now too. I would anticipate the app purchase money (as I did with all versions of Luminar).
The imposition that there is fresh news and no rumors.
This silence makes me anxious.

1 Like

I know a bit more than you. Isaiah is still hard working on stacks5.app. But I can’t / don’t want to speak for him.

2 Likes

Ok 👍

Is there an early bird special?

https://realmac.onfastspring.com/rapidweaver-classic-upgrade

1 Like

I got the RW Classic yesterday, and it seems to work fine. I have noticed a few minor speed improvements, but I also had it crash on me 3 or 4 times yesterday. But I am still going to buy Stacks5 App when it is ready, and I am pretty sure it will be something worthwhile waiting for seeing the history of Isaiah’s work. Without him, we would not be able to make such totally custom-made designs as we are able to now.

2 Likes

This Blocs forum thread solves that problem:

1 Like

Just use a 3rd party one, if your client is so strict on cookie security as some company policies are, then I would use a paid version and bill back to the client - simple.

I get asked all the time by my clients to remove the pop ups.

I’m kind of annoyed that the special pricing is not for long standing users, but early buyers. This doesn’t reward long supporting users. It implies upgrade in two days or pay more, we don’t care that you’ve supported us for 10 years.

Plus it’s a subscription by any other name.

2 Likes

I was going to buy to keep my interest in Rapidweaver - but not after finding out its subscription based for updates…thats not for me.

2 Likes
1 Like

Does it solve?

Yes it does. 🙂

. .cc-revoke {display: none;} ??

anyway it doesn’t matter, I deleted the Blocs demo