Recreating a site like this

Hey Gary - that was a long time ago! I ended up using a different project instead. The site is up, here: https://www.5-fs.com

1 Like

That’s a very different direction indeed. Cool.

I noticed a few strange text animated zoom issues where the text sometimes seems to zoom up to full readable size and sometimes it seems to stick at a small size. Here’s a screenshot of the home page:

Well, that’s not good. I will have a look. Thanks for the heads-up!

EDIT : What browser, @Webdeersign? I just checked it in about half dozen different ones including IE on Mac and IE11 on Windows - and it worked great in all of them.

Mac Safari 13.1.2

Not sure if relevent but there is a Machform JS error.

1 Like

Definitely fugly. And somewhat frightening.

After reading Stuarts blog post about this site from way back in 2020, I just had a look at that site again and wondered why it was so symmetrical when it could have been so easily broken up a bit more. Turns out it was never built with CSS Grid.

It also reminded me of how much we have learnt about using CSS Grid since them and how sometimes, layouts can become over complicated when there is an easy way to build them.

1 Like

Thanks for circling back around, Gary. Always good to take the easy road, when we know it.

Agree. We did take the easy road back then by using CSS Grid but assumed they did too, which was not the case.