RW Alert Popup - 'Rapidweaver has detected missing resources in this project'

Hi Everyone,

I was almost done with a project and woke up to this:

I have no idea what to do - I can’t even figure out how to search for the files :( I clicked ok, finished up the project and went to publish it. It looks like a much older version of the website when I was about halfway done.

I hope I don’t have to start over. Most current version of RW / Stacks / OSX

Thanks in advance for your help!

That should just be a single file (image, pdf, etc), as far as I know - not a load of things that would make it look like you’ve reverted to a half-finished project that you need to start over. Could it be a caching issue??

I’ve had that ‘missing resource’ thing happen to me a couple of times. The unfortunate thing is that you can’t hover over the missing resource and get the full filename (or at least you couldn’t when I had it happen).

I decided to ‘start over’ by creating a new file and dragging things over from the one that had issues. Everything worked. I was testing out the ancient ‘Glider’ stack from Joe Workman and dropped an image inside to see. It did go missing and I think that was the issue. Decided to wait to use it anyway. The site is up. Couldn’t even see the entire file name though - how are we supposed to find it? What a useless warning.

Agreed

But you can increase the width of the popup, so as to reveal the full path. Of course, having the full URL appear on hover is standard practice, but at least there is a workaround.

I swear I tried everything at the time (including changing the window width) to no avail but I could be misremembering. This hasn’t happened to me in quite a while.

I blame the drugs.

1 Like

The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to increase the width of the popup - it was unlovable, at least with a mouse. If you have any secrets, please tell :) Either way, problem solved!

No alcohol is also no solution.

Proper German Liedgut 😄

3 Likes

Die Hörner hoch :-)

1 Like

That is not true, money and a woman is the cause of all problems :-)

1 Like