RW8,9,Elements, Classic - Out of touch & Confused!

I decided to move to Pinegrow when all this kicked off. Now that I have successfully converted my first site from RW to Pinegrow, I thought I’d share my experience in case anyone else is thinking of making the move.

It uses the Bootstrap 5.2 framework. I’ve managed to build the complete site with Bootstrap in Pinegrow. The site is extremely fast loading and comes through clean with the html validator which none of my RW stacks sites do. SEO is pretty easy

Pinegrow’s interface takes a bit of getting used to but allows you to change just about anything. The bootstrap components and blocks are drag and drop pretty much like stacks. You can build the whole site without the need to code, although coding knowledge (html/css) is helpful. I can also create my own reusable components.

I’m very happy with the result and am now in the process of converting all my sites.

Pinegrow is similarly priced to the new RW pricing, but comes with everything you need to build professional sites. I’m happy not to have to faff with managing stacks and knowing I have a fixed annual cost without needing to shell out for other frameworks and features, although I appreciate that this would be necessary if I needed a CMS.