RWML Menu use with a submenu

I am glad for all the RWML stacks to support building a multilingual website, but I ran into a problem when using the ‘RWML Menu’ stack with a submenu. The language translations for all menu & submenu items worked flawlessly, but I couldn’t get to translate the menu entry containing the submenu.

Since the menu entry ‘Interests’ with the submenu should not link to a page, the title of the stacks page is entered as

<header>Interests</header> 

which provides the menu entry without an associated link. However the ‘RWML Menu’ doesn’t seem to be able to detect this page title / menu entry, thus cannot perform a translation. I tried to enter the page title with and without the tag, but to no avail.

Submenu_title_translation

Is there a way to translate menu items which are not associated with a page link but ‘only’ a submenu ? Thanks for your help.

I searched a bit more about how one can create those menu entries w/o associated link. One reference mentioned an ‘off-site’ page with a link set to #. This kind of works, but it actually seems to reload the current page - not quite the same as doing nothing.

Alternatively, I then used the following page title (= menu entry):

a href=“JavaScript:void(0)”>Interests</a

This works as wished for: no action upon click, but RWML Menu can perform the translation ;) (missing the opening/closing brackets on purpose, otherwise it becomes a real link - forgot how to enter code w/o being interpreted)

Not sure, where I picked up the trick, and which solution to create menu entries w/o link is the ‘right’ one, if there is a ground truth, I am happy to learn … for the time being, above ‘trick’ solved at least my problem