Scribe and footnotes

My site has a lot of text content and I use ‘footnotes’ to cite sources eg [1]. Issue is that I would like a list of the footnote sources at the bottom of the text but without the ‘bullets’ that Markdown wants to add. I am incidentally using the Readmore child stack.

Any thoughts or workarounds?

You can turn off the bullets completely in the main Scribe stack settings in the Lists group of settings > Bullet Type : None

Andrew, thank you, amazing! Is there a way too suppress the indent of the list?

There’s not an option in the stack but you could add a custom class name (e.g. flush) in the Advanced settings and then add the following css to the page inspector:

.flush ul, .flush ol {
	padding: 0;
}
1 Like

The indent on a list will be determined by the theme you are using.

Lists traditionally have a left margin applied to the list container div. You can cancel this left margin and override the theme using CSS. For every scribe stack on the page

.mdp ul{
	margin-left:0!important
}

of for a single instance by giving it a custom class and replacing the mdp selector with that class name.

1 Like

I should add that my solution is for Foundation and most themes (using the margin) which I’m pretty sure you are using.
If you are using Foundry, then it will use the user agent padding and therefore you need to cancel the padding as per @habitualshaker 's answer - although you can still use the mdp selector if you want to do it for all on the page.

1 Like

Thank you again for responses - I am using Will Woodgate’s ‘Summit’ theme

OK, its Bootstrap then:

.mdp ul{
    padding-left: 0!important
}

Andrew, thank you so much, I’m there now!