Source Grid Plus + Limelight question

A question for Stuart and Tav…
I’m using Source Grid Plus stacks to display images that link to Limelights, which then display a larger image (or, in some cases, a video) in a full-screen modal lightbox.

If I use a Limelight Launcher to trigger the lightbox, it adds a slight margin to the bottom of the image. This throws the grid spacing off and looks really naff.

I can get around this by using a link to trigger the lightbox, but this causes the page to reload, so visitors wind up back at the top of the page when they close the lightbox. As it is a relatively long, scrolling, landing-page-type website, this is also undesirable.

My question is: is there a workaround for this scenario?

TIA. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You don’t actually need a Launcher stack, you can just add the lightbox content id as the custom class in the grid item or image that you want to launch from.

Limelight launches from a simple class name so you can now do this with any stack. The launcher stack was really written for the times when very few stacks had a custom class setting. Since stacks 4, all stacks now how them.

All that said, the launcher stack should not add any form of margin or spacing to anything. There is certainly nothing in its code that adds any spacing - it merely adds the above custom class and optionally colours the link content.

Could you provide a url or a very simple project file with a grid and a launcher in it that demonstrates the problem please? I’ve just tried to replicate the issue with Grid Plus and I can’t get any extra space to appear. I suspect it may be something to do with your image rather than the launcher but lets get to the bottom of it.

5 Likes

You don’t actually need a Launcher stack, you can just add the lightbox content id as the custom class in the grid item or image that you want to launch from.

Thanks very much for your quick response (and sorry for my own slow reply). That works brilliantly! I’ll post a link to a demo of the problem as soon as I can.

1 Like

If I use a Limelight Launcher to trigger the lightbox, it adds a slight margin to the bottom of the image.

Tav,
Since my original post, I have been unable to replicate the ‘slight margin’ problem. So it clearly seems to have been a ‘wetware’ problem of my own making. Apologies for the false alarm. In any case, the ‘launch by class’ approach works a treat. Thanks again for creating Limelight and for your ongoing support.

P.S. Just for the record, I again tried to make a USD50 donation as a token of appreciation, and again got the message, ‘Donations to this recipient are not accepted from this country.’ (In my case, Japan. Let me know if there is a workaround and I will follow through.)

Thats good news then, the class based launching it much more flexible so its good we’ve highlighted that.

Who knows why the vagaries of Paypal work the way they do but don’t worry about it.

I’d rather you just gave something to a charity of your choice. There’s too much charging for next to nothing in the RW community and there are plenty of much more worthy causes out there. I’m just pleased that Limelight is useful to you.

5 Likes