Spam-safe form stack for Foundation

I need to use a contact form on my site. The site is built in Foundation.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether using Foundation’s Form Base stack is safe, spam-wise? Or, should I use another stack (which one?)

Nothing wrong with the foundation form base, I use it all of the time, you can make a anti spam question field like “what is three + 2” as well

1 Like

Thanks, Scott. This is what I had in my mind before I posted my question and this is what I will do…

Guys, I still would like to hear, what is your preferred 3rd party form stack (keeping in mind spam safety) I could use with Foundation for my purpose—just in case—for now and for future projects…

WHands-down, no question about it- MachForm. It’s a stand alone 3rd party, so it’s not RW-specific. But, getting forms into a site is as easy as copying the code into an html stack, and adding a bit of code to the prefix area.

MachForms does everything the stacks versions do, plus a whole lot more. Want to give your client the ability to edit the form, including asking new questions (or edit/delete current one)? No problem. Need to incorporate logic (e.g., based on how a question is answered, display or not display a follow up question; depending on answers, e-mail the form to fldifferent people, etc.)? No problem. Do t want to ever mess with the dB after it’s created? No need to. Need to email a pdf upon completion, need a signature field, Need to authorize workflows, analyze results, incorporate PayPal, want results to flow directly into Google docs or a Google calendar? Easy. The list of features goes on and on.

They offer a self hosted version and cloud-based versions- I use the self hosted with an unlimited license. Last time I checked, I had over 60 forms in use, but it’s probably over 80 by now.

https://www.machform.com/. (Not an affiliate link- I’m just a very happy customer).

Oh, and to answer your initial concern…it comes with three options for anti-spam!

1 Like

I’ve always liked Doobox’s Contact form

1 Like

Thanks, Dave. I agree about the power of MachForms. I just neglected to mention, that I don’t want any external services, scripts, etc. Sorry for that…

Now, that’s what I like. Looks like something I can use for various projects.

If anyone still has additional suggestions, let’s hear it.

Mike Yabreda at https://www.yabdab.com offers Formsnap and Formloom (now Formloom 4).
Not super cheap but you can do a lot with it.
And they have multiple anti spam possibilities to choose from.

1 Like

Thanks, @Capetom, already ordered Contact Form from Doobox (literally, few seconds before your post).

Any thoughts on FormsPlus from Chillidog (still interested on comments regarding anti-spam features)?

I have FormsPlus on a number of sites and have not once had spam.
The simple reason — there isn’t yet a Bot that can work its way through multiple steps!
For this same reason Formsnap/loom are also immune to spam.

1 Like

Thanks, Rob. I have actually bought FormsPlus as soon as it’s been released. At that time, I had no immediate need for a form stack, so I experimented on it only rudimentary. I recall having some sort of problems that were not solved/explained adequately by Greg, so I shelved the stack and never got back to it since. I think I will give it another try…

Rob D, you should most certainly take another look at FormsPlus. Any initial problems have been ironed out and it’s quite a brilliant stack.
And don’t forget that it can take information from S4S’s Calc stack too, making requests for specific quotes a breeze!

2 Likes