Task Managers... What you got?

Hi Steve
Glad you had a look at it, but I rarely add attachments?? So as I said just a thought…suits my needs happily as something to keep track of what I need to do (although seem to spend my time changing the dates forward most days!!)
W

1 Like

I’ve spent a bit of time digging into 2do, and it is complex, but I think I can get a workflow going with it that will work, and also mean I can add my meetings to it too.

I’ve tried finding this answer on their site but can’t see anything, so can you tell me: If I have the app on my phone, and setup a task on my desktop with a reminder, will the reminder go off on my phone as well as desktop?

“App wide” reminders are set differently on each device, so yes if you want them to go off everywhere, you can set it that way, but you can also set them to be different

Example:

• on your iPhone you may have due dates set to alert you 12 hours before
  • on your computer you may have due dates set to alert you 2 days before

However, if you set an alert at the “task” level itself, that will fire at the same time on all devices.

I don’t actually use alerts much myself, as “start dates” are more important to me than most “due dates” and I use more of a GTD methodology of tasks using “Smart Lists”, sorting them by importance, and where they need to be done (example @home, @contact, @billing, etc.) while the tasks themselves are actually located in a “Project”

I don’t have an iPhone. Well, I do, for testing, but I wouldn’t dream of actually using it as my personal phone. I’m no phone snob, but iPhones have always struck me as form over function. In the extreme. (But that’s a different thread!).

That’s cus you’re organised, and don’t wait until the deadline is nearly up before actually starting a project. That’s not how I roll ;-)

But anyway, I’m sold on 2Do now. It took about five hours solid of playing with it and working out a workflow, but less than 24hrs in and I genuinely don’t know how I ever managed with To-Do (Wunderlist before it).

I’ve also now switched to Spark for email too. I’m now a workflow ninja. But I will still miss every deadline.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

One thing: How do I make a smart list based in Tags? I’ve tried, a lot, and failed.

in the search bar just “search” for the “tag” you want and add it as a “Smart List” or use this format in the search bar

• tags: yourtag
  • and then add that as a “Smart list”

My tags are all @something so searching becomes easier

Ya, that’s what I was doing. And in the search results the items with the tags appeared, but once turned into a smart list there was nothing to view, as it said nothing matched.

I’ll give it another go.