Two erros in Chrome, help!

Removing that from the head and preventing right clicks cause me not to want to bother to look at issues. It just means sifting and searching through the code which can take 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds. Multiply this by 40 support tickets and it is just another nail in the coffin for my continued interest.

…addendum

You may have guessed that I woke up this morning to a particularly full and banal support inbox

2 Likes

And that differs from other days how?

I’m gonna send a few support request in, just to keep you on your toes.

Have you the standard response set up?

1 Like

Loved the Darwinism reference.

Absolutely not can anything extra be done to anything to stacks to slow it. I was thinking more of a Dev mode setting or maybe a debug app run outside RW - just thinking out loud here.

In a freshly created project it is not too bad to determine what’s going on, but when a project is created by someone else 3 years ago, and chunks have been pasted into a new project, it can get messy. Welcome to my world.

1 Like

Seems like the meta data in the head would be fine for this purpose then.

I understand - I get upwards of 20 projects a week sent to me. They are usually horrendously complex to the point where most of the stack titles are not visible in edit mode due to nesting. I have never seen them before and quite often they are nothing to do with my stacks.

This is why it is just additional difficulty when people disable right clicks and do t output the meta info.

15 minutes on each one is unusually short - it all adds up very quickly.

1 Like

But, your coining it in with these stacks.

Oh no, wait…

And we were all worrying about Brexit… This is the RW equivalent of a dinosaur killing comet coming our way.

1 Like

i have been looking at ways i can communicate a bit more info to users about which stacks are being used in their design – without adding any more weight to edit mode or cluttering up the UI badly. these sorts of things are not easy. it’s a lot of data – deciding which bits to give to the user, when, how, and why are decisions i don’t take lightly at all. it’s a one-way ticket too – once added things can’t be removed without the small folk grabbing up pitchforks and torches and demanding blood.

i’ve thought of building the meta-data info into the dev panel as well. i’m not really sure that it helps exactly, but in the dev panel it probably can’t hurt.

the meta data switch is in the stacks prefs under the HTML tab. and i would consider disabling it only when the site designer thinks the site is so stable it will not require any support. LOL – that never happens – so probably just don’t turn that off. but the option is there, some people need to be able to delete all mention of all tools. i understand. the switch for those folks.

we also need to do a little better and capturing which stacks were used to create a project. this will likely get a bit worse before it gets better. stacks 4 will introduce ways for users to create partials that are shared across multiple files – which i suspect will exacerbate the problem.

so, ameliorating the problem a bit is equally important.

long-term i’d really like to help users feel more comfortable about where their stacks are located, so they don’t become so lost in the first place. the real problem, it seems to me, is that the addons folder is far too buried and hidden.

1 Like

I had to Google that word.

it’s a good word, n’est pas? now you can use it every day. btw: i’m horrifically dyslexic, it’s taken me a lifetime to learn these big ass words. i’m going to use them all whether you grok them or not.

now. there’s two phrases in there you’ll have to look up, and they’re probably not even in an english dictionary. good luck!

The first I’m good with, lived in Paris in my younger days, some stuck, lots didn’t, that did for some reason. Had to google the other though.

Be careful though, as me and @paul.russam will start talking “Norn-iron” at yee.

So we will.

<cracks open an irn bru>

go on…

😋

i was raised by grandmother one gen removed from england who grew up in british columbia. my car has a bonnet. i have no idea what the american term for a baby pram is.

when an engineer i worked at GEC Plessy with two scots for 15 years. i was their designated 'mercan translator. which says more about my ability to keep up with their drinking than my actual understanding, but i digress…

1 Like

Norn-Iron is a whole different world to Scots, or any other language for that matter.

This is a good starting point…

By the way, I’m not a local. So I can be understood, when sober.

Which doesn’t happen very often.

Still would like to have a beer 🍻 with u at some point in time.

Me too. Which is good to learn some English vocabulary to swagger with 😝

2 Likes