I always follow this procedure when updating to a new version of RW
- Rename my existing RW app, say Rapidweaver 80
- Download the full new RW zip file
- Unzip and rename the app, say Rapidweaver 81
- Drag the app file to my applications folder
- Create a new folder for each of my RW projects
- Copy the existing version RW project and move the copy to the new folder
- Rename the project e.g. Project 81.rw8
- Only use the duplicate project file with the new version of RW
If the new version doesn’t play nice, then I just use the previous version with the previous version project file.
I NEVER just choose ‘upgrade RW’ and I ALWAYS make sure I am using a duplicate version of the project file with the new version of RW.