VAT MOSS - VAT on digital product sales

My understanding is that this is the case across all the EU, based on an old directive. I just wasn’t sure if there were additional rules in the digital regs that over-ruled them. Guess not.

I’m not at all academic, I’m really quite thick, but it never ceases to amaze how seemingly really smart people rarely actually read the legislation that govern their business activities. GDPR was a classic. Almost no one actually bother to read the regs, instead reading online articles from so called experts, who themselves hadn’t actually bothered to read them!

I did. And 90% of what people say about them is pure made up bollox. But I’m getting OT now.

By the way, these comments are not aimed at anyone, I’m just generalising.

1 Like

Yes, it is a very difficult topic. Therefore, it’s more than “convenient” letting Paddle re-sell the products.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tomayto,_tomahto

You do what you’re good at, e.g. developing software, and let someone else handle the rest.
I won’t be sacking my accountant and hire you for that (I know, I know, you don’t want to).
(and this is where a lol/winking smiley should appear – but I don’t have a clue how to do that with this forum)

Have great weekend guys. I’m signing off.

@Marten and @tav decided not having these kind of emotional disturbance appear here on the forum.

😜

Or, you constantly expand your skillset safe in the knowledge that if someone dies, you can step in.

Saying that, I don’t get involved in all that server stuff, far too confusing*, I hired someone to do it all for me. I do my own tax returns now though, after paying someone else to do it for over 30 years. But nowadays my returns are super easy as I’ve jettisoned most of my business activity in the last couple of years.

• Plus of course, I’ve essentially outsourced web development too, to a load of stacks devs!
  1. I hate emoji
  2. People often write nasty things and think they can just put a smiley after it to make it OK. That would not stop them getting punched in the neck in a pub so why do it on a forum
  3. I hate emoji
  4. All emoji are purile and childish. I would be up for a balanced set that included funny and borderline offensive ones.
  5. As you know you can do it from a phone so points 1-4 are invalid.
1 Like

F@@k off you c@@t.

:-)

1 Like

UK VAT is 20% not 21% and, sadly, we’ll likely be stuck with VAT for years after leaving the EU, perhaps forever. It’s a very labour-intensive way of collecting taxes – which is good for employees of the tax authorities, accountants and book-keepers, but it’s a complete pain for small businesses.